My wife and I have just returned from a utterly superb 5 nights at this special hotel. The staff are first rate, engaging, always ready to help and assist with advice on where to go, what to see and how to get there. Nothing is too much trouble. The hotel is full of character with loads of original features and furnished to match. NB. Previous reviewer comments re: beds. I'm 6ft 1'' and had no problems. The grounds are well manicured and beautifully presented. Breakfast selections are excellent and weather allowing, use of terrace and the spectacular views across the Mugello Valley adds an extra dimension. We ate in the hotels restaurant on 3 occasions. Food was superbly cooked and beautifully presented, every dish we tried was first class. My particular favourites being the entrecôte and coffee cheesecake. Allow a couple of hours if you go for the full 4 courses and make the most of it.
There's only wifi in the public areas, for me that a benefit as there's no excuse for not leaving the daily grind behind.
Use the train to Florence, the hotel is 10mins from Vicchio train station (free parking) and costs €5.40 pp each way. Takes about an hour.
An all round fantastic experience and as a well travelled couple, this is our new favourite place. We will most definitely be returning and cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany