Villa Campestri began our Italian journey, offering us an experience that was difficult to meet or beat throughout the remainder of our travels. We were met by a private car at the Florence airport. This was a splurge for us, but well worth it for we were tired and the place is difficult to find. As we drove down its long driveway, I thought "I have died and gone to heaven. This is exactly how I had pictured Tuscany." Although the main hotel is a very old building, it has been well maintained and offers all the modern amenities. If you can't (or choose not to) stay here, at least, have a meal at its restaurant and see the hotel and its grounds.
I don't know if we just happened to be extremely fortunate, but we felt the meals we had there were the BEST we had in all of Italy. We enjoyed the hikes available on its property. It is not walking distance to a town, so, unless you have a car, be prepared to spend all your time there. They have a lovely swimming pool and lounge chairs around the grounds. We are very active people and had no trouble finding things to do. The views are beautiful. We enjoyed a picnic lunch sitting at one of their tables and chairs on the ridge overlooking the valley. We were taking advantage of a sweetheart or lovers speical package, which included a dozen roses, chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling wine. In addition to this we each had olive oil massages. The masseuse gave me one of the very best massages I have ever had; my skin felt so soft, I hated to wash it off! I can't say enough about this place. It is one of the few places to which I would really hope to return one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany