Villa Campestri is quite an oasis. The scenery is beyond breathtaking! We were warmly welcomed by the front desk staff and taken to our rooms. Unfortunately we only spent two nights there but would love to return. The pool area overlooks Tuscany and is very serene. The rooms are spread out all along the property in a few buildings. The dining room opens out to an amazing view.
The highlight of our experience was in the olive oil tasting with Gemma. She was beyond outstanding! Her hospitality and knowledge was awesome. She shared her family's history of owning the resort with us and provided us with an amazing experience of tasting different oils and understanding how to differentiate the quality of an oil. She showed us how the olives are grown, processed, and ultimately bottled/canned. While on our excursion with her, we met Luigi, the resort chef. What a great guy!! Very warm and welcoming. He was out on the property picking fresh herbs to use for dinner that night. And his creations are spectacular!
They have several activities to choose from if you want to learn a little something about truffle hunting, cooking, or olive oil (of course).
Before we left, Gemma assisted us by giving us some great recommendations for places to stop on our way to Rome which included a fantastic spa (with mineral baths/hot springs) and a very small local winery where we had a private tasting (and left with some great wine).
We had a fabulous experience and would highly recommend Villa Campestri!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany