I stayed at Villa Campestri back in March for a total of 8 nights. The resort is a renovated 15th century villa full of charm and character. If you are loking for a quiet, relaxing place, Villa Campestri is the perfect location. The property is big, and the drive to the town of Vichio is only 5 minutes away. They have a beautifull pool that looks inviting, unfortunately it was too cold while I was there. The rooms are big, clean and nicely decorated. The breakfast is one of the best I have ever had in a hotel: fresh squeezed (do it yourself) blood orange juice, fresh eggs, nice cheeses. The restaurant also serves very good dinners and lunches as well. Their house red wine is delicious. The staff is very friendly, knowlegeble and helpful. Gemma, one of the owner's daughters even called Avis and helped change my rental car return for me when my flight changed!
The only downside to my stay is that there was no cellular reception or wireless internet in my room (#73?) due to the thick walls of the villa. However, the large common area upstairs was quiet and had great reception/wireless connection that was perfect for my needs. The downstairs reception area at the entrance was also very comfortable and made it easy to deal with my daily phone calls and emails.
Overall a wonderful place to stay with well-appointed rooms, great scenery/grounds, excellent food and extremely gracious people/staff. Highly recommended, and I most definitely plan on returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany