My husband and I returned to Villa Campestri for our second stay....this time for 2 weeks. The staff, again, made our stay extra special with their wonderful service and genuine warmth. The Pasquali family has truly created an extraordinary place with Villa Campestri....stunning location with exquisite views, lovely clean rooms, good food, and charming atmosphere. The SPO ( Salus per Oleum) beauty treatments are wonderful and can be enjoyed in a private corner of the olive groves or in a relaxing "spa" room inside the Villa. Also, the Olive Oil tasting is an experience not to be missed, especially for food lovers. You will learn about the difference of quality olive oil vs. mass produced, how to taste olive oil, a bit of olive history and the production of olive oil at Villa Campestri. There is a great book out "Extra Virginity" by Tom Mueller that I highly recommend reading before you go that is fascinating and will add to your experience and appreciation of what Villa Campestri olive oil is all about. They also have the book available there.
Villa Campestri's location is perfect for a base in Tuscany...easy train ride into Firenze, about an hour to Chianti by car, you can even get to the sea in under 2 hours! Also, the small town of Scarperia, famous for knife making, in only a 15 minute drive..for anyone who loves to cook this place has several very famous knife shops/factories. You can even have a custom set made that will last a lifetime.
We will be back again soon...next time with our 2 children to stay in one of their family apartments for several weeks.
Great tip to get your vacation started off right....pre-book a "Jet Lag" massage for the day after you get there. For those who have travelled a long way to get there it is a wonderful treat that will help with sore muscles from the plane and help you get a great sleep and get your body clock on local time faster!
Paolo, Gemma, Viola, Dario, Sandra, Tatianna, Bianca, Daniella and ALL the incredible staff.....we are counting the days until we are back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany