What a special place! Highlights of our visit included the following:
1) Amazing personal service and attention. In the restaurant Dario provided a depth of knowledge and insight into the food, wine, and of course the olive oil! He and his colleague brought enthusiasm and soul to every meal, while remaining thoroughly professional. In the reception Viola and Gemma and their superb colleagues provided all the guidance a traveller new to the area might need to make the most of their trip.
2) The villa itself is a very special building, furnished with fascinating antiques, and with large wood-panelled sitting room areas on each floor.
3) We stayed in room 68 which is a large and wonderfully characterful suite. The exposed beams holding up the roof are enormous, and rise to a height of four or five metres at the ceiling’s apex. The bathroom has both shower and bath, and is spacious.
4) Dinners were excellent, with great care taken in both the preparation and presentation.
5) The location is great, completely off the beaten track, very quiet, dark at night surrounded by olive groves. Walks on the Mugello Hills can be taken right from the front door of the Villa. Yet just 40 minutes by train to Florence.
For travellers who may be a little critical, go and enjoy Villa Campestri for all it has to offer. And … be prepared to accept that this is a historic building with old furnishings and in places not the very latest fixtures and fittings in the bedroom and bathroom. This is part of the hotel's charm!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, a splendid Renaissance residence dating back to the 13th century, overlooks the Mugello Valley, north of Florence. Situated on a hilltop, the estate is immersed in a hug lush park with secular olive trees, providing a superb organic extra-virgin olive oil. A loving restoration has been carried out with full respect for the structural form and original materials of the buildings. The rooms and suites preserves the ancient fascination of the residence, thanks also to the period furnishings. Traditional Tuscan cuisine and a special Olive Oil Menu are served at the L'Olivaia Restaurant featuring stylish inner rooms and a striking outdoor panoramic terrace. The relaxing swimming pool boasts a stunning view of the Valley. An extensive choice of memorable activities is available: Oleoteca® to enjoy extra-virgin olive oil sensory experiences, Tuscan cooking classes, Ayurvedic massages with self-produced extra-virgin olive oil and essential oils and plant your own olive tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Hotel Vicchio
- Campestri Hotel Vicchio
- Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort Vicchio, Italy - Tuscany