“Delighted”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Vicchio
Garrett Park, Maryland
“Delighted”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My stay at the Villa Campestri was extraordinarily enjoyable. We found out about the Villa through a web site run by a New York Times food writer, which offered an all-inclusive program put together by Nancy Harmon Jenkins, an author with whom my wife was familiar. This vacation proved to be perfect: beautiful and relaxing environment (the Villa is sited on a large olive orchard on a hill overlooking a valley in the Mugello area of Tuscany, and the rooms are large, comfortable and have lovely views); gracious and friendly hosts; entertaining and enlightening programs (hands-on cooking classes from local and guest chefs, olive oil classes and tastings; visits to a local vineyard, market, and trattoria), delicious food, wine and the Villa's olive oil, the making of which we watched and learned about. The Villa Campestri is an easy short train ride from Florence, where we spent a few days before heading out to the country. All things considered, the Villa Campestri experience was satisfying in all respects and I would recommend it to friends and family.

Brian in MD

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brian M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband, my daughter, and I stayed at your gorgeous resort this past August. I can't say enough wonderful things about it, it was just beautiful. Our friends had just been there the month before on they're honeymoon and convinced us to make an adendum to our European trip so we could stay at Villa Campestri. We're so, so gald we did! It was definetly one of the highlights of our trip! Everyone was incredibly courteous and helpful. Even providing a little tub for our 20 month old daughter! The dinner we had there was the best we had in our entire trip through Paris, Corsica and Italy. Breathtaking views and beautiful grounds. Our room was beutiful as well with a ton of charm and unique litte touches. This is the kind of place you want to escape to. Thank you so much!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis
Reviewed November 17, 2012

AmorOlio, For Love of Olive Oil, six day course this November was one of the most interesting, unique, and delicious travel experiences I have encountered. We were treated to field trips to the farmer's market, eateries specializing in local dishes, a dairy to observe cheese making, a wonderful winery for wine tasting and lunch; a second wine tasting with a renowned wine connoisseur; chef demonstrations (the Villa's Chef Jerry and guest Chef Anita Lo); and the expertise of Gemma and Nancy Harmon Jenkins for everything olive oil! A wonderful, wonderful experience in every way.

The glowing reviews others have given about the resort, Gemma and her family, the rooms and the food are 100% spot-on. If you have the opportunity to spend time at Villa Campestri, DO SO!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank CordyKat
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We spent one memorable night in Villa Campestri. It is a charming place. The hotel is set in the beautiful Tuscan countryside. We arrived in the olive oil season so we were privileged enough to see how the olives were harvested and taste the new, fresh oil produced on the property, in their mill. The restaurant is delicious. We had an unforgettable pasta for lunch with bread crumbs, parmesano and brand new fresh olive oil. Dinner is more formal and the choice of dishes is abundant which makes it hard to choose. The food is excellent. For dessert we had a chocolate fondant made with Extra Virgin olive oil which I have started to dream about.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 14, 2012

If there is a better place I can't imagine what it is. The rooms are absolutely perfect with wonderful furniture, large bathrooms with big showers and screaming hot water and good water pressure. While this seems like it should be expected often these things are difficult in the ancient homes that are through Europe. Here, however, things are exactly as you wish them to be.

The food was absolutely phenomenal, from the gigantic breakfasts with anything you could want to the amazing and delicious dinners. Do not miss the molten chocolate olive oil cake. It may seem a bit odd but it is incredibly delicious. If you're around during the day you'll see the local guy bringing in fresh veggies every day... the food is local you can taste that it's freshly made.

The staff could not be more kind, making sure you have everything you could want or need.

Frankly I'm not sure why I left this place, with the reasonable prices and wonderful accommodations I should probably ask what the cost is for a month... or a year!

Room Tip: While they will tell you the single room is small it's far larger than most single rooms I staye...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
gemmapasquali, Owner at Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Jessica, it was a pleasure for us to have you here. Please come back as soon as possible! Than you for your wonderful review!
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Dear Viola, now that we are back home - 5 in Rome and 4 in Suffolk - I want to let you know again that we all enjoyed our stay at Villa Campestri immensely.
I myself experienced a happy mix of being in a very good Resort, so romantic, and being the paying guests of a friendly well-to-do country family: a very good combination indeed.
Some time ago my wife and I attended a Golden Wedding Party of friends in Rome: some 80 people at a dinner in a rented place, no atmosphere at all, and we said to each other "Now we know how we do not want to celebrate our fifty years" and we decided on a family reunion in a happy surrounding in Tuscany: Villa Campestri and we now know that we took the right decision.... Even little Lee, the dog, seemed to agree with our choice.... Thanks again for the friendly assistance we received from you and your staff. P.S. My son and I approved your wine list....
Walter

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My stay at Villa Campestri was beyond my expectations. As a devoted home chef I was fascinated to learn more about olive oil and learn I did. I also ate, drank, and basked in the gorgeous setting of the Villa.
My fellow travelers were fun and interesting and there were wonderful stories being shared and lots of laughter.
The Villa is filled with the charm of the Old World and The Pasqualis are gracious and delightful hosts.I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vicchio
Villa la Borghetta
Duomo
Hotel Brunelleschi
Hotel Brunelleschi
#23 of 411 in Florence

Been to Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort? Share your experiences!