My partner and I planned a very last minute trip to Tuscany and Il Castello di Bibbione was able to accommodate us on short notice. We initially requested two nights but ended up staying a third, we were enjoying our trip and stay so much. They gave us 20% off the posted prices as well. We stayed in la Quercia, which was more than big enough for we two and our two cats (animals accepted!). The apartment was clean, cosy and charming. All equipped and we had everything we needed, even coffee. The only disappointment was that breakfast is not included in the price, and at 10 EUR, we decided to get breakfast elsewhere. In December, there were very few clients so the estate was very tranquil and relaxed - just what we needed! We took several walks around the estate and through the countryside; just gorgeous. Ask about an Etruscan tomb further up the hill. The staff were very nice and helpful. They spoke English, French and Spanish - communication was not a problem. We stupidly left our boots at the apartment and they kindly shipped them to us. We also purchased products from their farm - two bottles of wine and a bottle of olive oil for approximately 35 EUR. They also threw in a pot of blackberry jam for free because these were about to expire (we could have taken as many pots as we wanted, actually). The location is excellent, with Firenze and Siena 30-45 minutes away by car, and not far from San Casciano, a small village. We enjoyed our stay and I hope we can return sometime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Niccolò Machiavelli’s hunting lodge brings back to medieval atmospheres. Surrounded by greenery, the accommodations enjoy a splendid view of the Chianti hills and are furnished with all modern convenience while keeping to the traditional Tuscan style.The Wellness Centre offers massages and yoga classes.At few kilometres from the estate, it is possible to practice horseback riding, tennis, and golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Castello di Bibbione reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Bibbione Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Castello Di Bibbione Italy/Tuscany