If total immersion into the Italian lifestyle is what you are looking for, brush up on your Italian, climb into your Fiat 500 rental and stop at the COOP for groceries because seeing and savoring Italy takes on a whole new meaning when staying "in country" in a farmhouse at Castello di Bibbione. Located a short distance from the village of San Casciano in Val di Pesa about 15km from Florence you can step into another time and place to experience the fatal charm of Italy that will make you want to return for more. And I have. Over 15+years and 15,000+ miles traveling in Italy on business and pleasure I have stayed more than once in the farmhouses on the grounds that were once part of Machiavelli's hunting lodge. Wake up to groves of olive trees and the scent of lavender with a view of the hills of Chianti staying in tastefully restored apartments, cottages and farm houses (fattorie) on the estate grounds. Accommodations are well-appointed yet kid-friendly and everyone on site does their best to ensure that your stay is most comfortable. Over the years groups of 2, 6 and 8 have stayed at LeGinestre (down the hill) a two storied farmhouse with a private garden, Tuscan fireplace and outdoor bbq perfect for cooking a bistecca and Poggiosanto, all on one level (up the hill) with a staired entrance. Both felt like we had arrived at our own Italian home in Tuscany. There is a very nice pool and the grounds and surrounding area are perfect to walk. Be aware that you are traveling beyond the beltway and the drive up to the property is steep and winding but the location is not remote and there is access to the town with grocery stores, hospitals, restaurants, gas stations and easy access to main roads to travel throughout Tuscany.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Niccolò Machiavelli’s hunting lodge brings back to medieval atmospheres. Surrounded by greenery, the accommodations enjoy a splendid view of the Chianti hills and are furnished with all modern convenience while keeping to the traditional Tuscan style.The Wellness Centre offers massages and yoga classes.At few kilometres from the estate, it is possible to practice horseback riding, tennis, and golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Castello di Bibbione reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Bibbione Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Castello Di Bibbione Italy/Tuscany