We stayed at the La Salvia apartment and found the whole stay most enjoyable.
It is a self catering apartment and all equipment looked new or very lightly used. We arrived from Pisa approximately 1hr 30min drive that's not including the time we spent lost. The road signs are a bit hit and miss in Italy they don't seem to be constantly indicating the same town/village. So I would recommend a good map don't just rely on directions.
The first morning we had breakfast at the villa cost was €7 each this was a typical continental breakfast.
The nearest main town we visited was San Casicano a dive of aprrox 20mins it has a COOP supermarket which will have most of your requirements however they do not except credit cards.
There is a market on Monday in San Casicano.
The swimming pool was of a good size but there were no steps in/out. The pool was kept clean but we did find a dead frog in it one morning. Also one day there seemed to be a swarm of wasps that came to drink from the pools water.
The tour of the wine cellar and wine tasting was interesting.
The main road which links Florence and Siena is only a 5min drive away.
We drove to Florence in the evening it took 45mins arriving at 6:30pm we found traffic leaving Florence to be one big slow traffic jam at that time.
The drive south to San Gimignano took 45mins and this town is well worth a visit.
The views from the apartment were restricted due to the way the old building has been converted i.e. high windows or windows facing on to the car park.
At night you may see bats flying around and fire flies in the grounds. We stayed here for a wedding which was held a the villas church and then the reception was held by the swimming pool with the meal being served as sunset followed by a disco under a gazebo. The staff were friendly and helpful through out our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Chianti wine district of the Tuscan countryside, Villa Sant' Andrea features a large garden with 2 free outdoor pools and BBQ area. This farm stay produces its own wine, grappa and olive oil. Set in a partially renovated country house, rooms include the use of the outdoor pools, set 1 km and 3.5 km from the property. All accommodation has rustic style and offers a private bathroom and satellite flat-screen TV. WiFi is free throughout. Sant' Andrea Villa is located in the small ancient village of Fabbrica, 10 km from San Casciano Val Di Pesa. Both Florence and San Gimingnano are within a 30-minute drive from the property. Free parking is available on si ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Villa Sant'Andrea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Sant`Andrea Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Villa Sant'Andrea Italy/Tuscany