This has been our number 4 or 5 stay in Salvadonica. We have been visiting the place in the last 3 years. Believe it or not – but there is never a doubt as to where we should be staying next time.
Location: the best one can imagine. Takes 20 minutes to get to it from Florence. Easy to find. The surroundings are simply amazing – you find yourself in a very picturesque and charming environment, surrounded by olive and grape yards, growing peacefully in the hills around the property.
Rooms: In the last year, we stayed basically in every room type of the property. My favorite choice is – the old stable with beautiful ceilings and stone walls.
Breakfast: a delicious selection of typical Tuscan products. My favorite one was scrambled eggs with sable and rosemary and of course the famous bruschettas!!!
The property has a swimming pool which is very well maintained by the staff of Salvadonica and one can observe the sunset immediately from there
Staff: each and everyone has been always extremely attentive to us throughout these years. The big credit of course goes to the sisters Francesca and Beatrice – the owners of the property, who are there every day to address your needs and all possible requests (at times people can be very inventive indeed). Consuelo and Regis.
Makes me sad to see negative feedback about the place, knowing how much labor, energy and time the owners spend to maintain the property and spirit in its original state. People have no clue on what the real Tuscany is and should be and their expectations to have a 4-5 star service from a country-side property at a price they get in Salvadonica – are simply ridiculous. Not mentioning the additional coffee machine and standing in line to get a cup of coffee….try any 4 or 5 star hotel in the neighborhood at a cost of at least euro 450+ per night and stay away from this little gem
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the Chianti hills, this stone guesthouse features an outdoor pool and is located in the rural hamlet of Salvadonica. Surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, it offers en suite accommodation with Tuscan-style furnishings, air conditioning, minibar, tv and free Wi-Fi.Rooms and apartments are uniquely decorated and have different rustic features, such as wrought iron beds, frescoed walls, or exposed wood-beamed ceilings.Pastries, jams, meats and cheeses feature in the buffet breakfast , which is served in a room overlooking the Tuscan hills. The Salvadonica features a wine cellar where wine is produced, bottled and aged. Part of the cellar is carved in volcanic tuff.Guests can relax in the large garden, which encircles the swimming pool and overlooks the Tuscan countryside.The property provides free private parking and is well placed for visiting Florence, 18 km away, Siena; San Gimginano, Pisa and son on as well as the marvellous Tuscan countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico del Chianti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico Del Chianti Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico Del Chianti Italy/Tuscany