My family (2 adults 3 children) stayed at Salvadonica for five nights in August. We had a wonderful time there, the views are stunning, the location is in the heart of the beautiful Chianti region and the hotel supply an excellent selection of recommended restaurants which was very useful. The hosts, Francesca and Beatrice were very kind and helpful. The breakfast is good and the Chef was extremely friendly and helpful and the staff throughout were delightful, always smiling and happy. We stayed during a heatwave unfortunately and as Salvadonica does not have air-conditioning and only ceiling fans it was almost impossible to sleep at night. I would suggest the hotel supply fans to guests in this eventuality - we obtained one from the sitting room area in the end. I know they are looking into air-conditioning for the future and this was unusually hot.
The rooms are clean and spacious with simple rustic charm decor. There is a fridge and cooking facilities in our suite which was useful. We also took advantage of the activities the hotel has to offer such as horse riding, tennis, massage and Chianti Vineyard tour nearby. All were excellent and great value for money and our children loved them. We felt however the hotel is best suited to couples rather than families. When my children were playing happily in the pool one of the guests pointed to a sign saying, 'Between 1 - 4 pm it's sleep time around the pool' - in my opinion this is a crazy rule and people that need to sleep should go to their room or move further away from the pool. You can't expect young children to jump in the pool quietly!
I think for the price of the rooms Salvadonica should consider offering the following (it's the little extras that in my opinion make all the difference)
Provide a bottle of water in the fridge on arrival and maybe some fruit in the fruit bowl. (The honesty bar drinks are expensive at 2.5 euros for a bottle of water)
Some basic ingredients for cooking. Olive Oil/Balsamic and washing up liquid, cooking oil.
Additional fans should be available or better still air-con.
Mosquito netts should be provided for all beds not just for the main double bed.
Always try and place families in adjacent rooms when booking two rooms.
I would recommend this hotel to others as we did have a wonderful time and I hope they will see this review as helpful and constructive. Thanks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the Chianti hills, this stone guesthouse features an outdoor pool and is located in the rural hamlet of Salvadonica. Surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, it offers en suite accommodation with Tuscan-style furnishings, air conditioning, minibar, tv and free Wi-Fi.Rooms and apartments are uniquely decorated and have different rustic features, such as wrought iron beds, frescoed walls, or exposed wood-beamed ceilings.Pastries, jams, meats and cheeses feature in the buffet breakfast , which is served in a room overlooking the Tuscan hills. The Salvadonica features a wine cellar where wine is produced, bottled and aged. Part of the cellar is carved in volcanic tuff.Guests can relax in the large garden, which encircles the swimming pool and overlooks the Tuscan countryside.The property provides free private parking and is well placed for visiting Florence, 18 km away, Siena; San Gimginano, Pisa and son on as well as the marvellous Tuscan countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico del Chianti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico Del Chianti Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico Del Chianti Italy/Tuscany