“Great location in Chianti”
Review of Villa I Barronci

Villa I Barronci
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Location is excelent, the staff is friendly the food is very good. Is very close to Firenze and from here you can explore Siena and the entire Chianti area.
It's easy to get there by the car from Firenze/Pisa airports.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for the time spent for this wonderful review!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

The hotel is in excellent conditions, the rooms are clean, cozy and some with a beautiful view over the vineyards. Its location is ideal to explore the region and short drives to cities like Sienna, Lucca, Pisa, etc. During the colder times, there are many thermes to explore around.
The staff is very corteous and friendly. Great selection of wine and beer. Breakfast was generous, with amazing coffee.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your lovely review, we hope to welcome you again in a next future.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

As you would hope, it's a beautifully kept resort hotel in the hills outside of Florence. Beautiful trees, swimming pool, views, wonderful staff and food all together provide a calming experience.

Care is taken to manage the details from artwork, to the maintenance of the grounds. It's the type of atmosphere that a perfectionist will appreciate.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you very much for your nice review and well, the sentence "It's the type of atmosphere that a perfectionist will appreciate." I just loved it..! We really do our best to make everything as perfect as possible!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

This review is quite old, as my husband and I stayed at Villa I Barronci in April 2011. We had actually written the review but never posted it, however we stumbled upon our unposted review recently and as we had such a great stay, we felt it would be a shame not to share our experience albeit 2 years on. And from the recent reviews it looks like Villa Barronci has only gotton better!
Where do I start from – I have so many wonderful memories of this place. The location/setting, the wonderful generous kind hearted people, the fabulous food, the spacious comfy rooms.
My husband and I had spent 5 days in Rome, and so we were looking forward to a relaxing time in the Tuscan hills as I was almost 5 months pregnant at the time and Villa I Barronci didn’t disappoint. Piero and his entire family work hard to ensure you have the most relaxing and enjoyable stay possible. Nothing was too much hassle. We’d decided against getting a rental car whilst in Tuscany, but having arrived in San Casciano we changed our minds, and spoke to Piero about the possibility of picking up a car at such short notice. He not only sorted out a rental car for us, but at a great rate too! The car turned out to be invaluable for exploring the beautiful areas in and around Tuscany. We drove to Florence, Siena, Greve, and generally had a great time exploring.
The Villa’s room’s are lovely, extremely comfortable and have great bathrooms. The windows in our room opened out to the Tuscan countryside, stunning stunning, stunning! The villa also has a gorgeous pool, which we didn’t use, as the weather was a little cool during our stay (but we plan on returning someday soon and trying it out!). The Villa also has a wellness centre on its beautiful grounds, and my husband and I both enjoyed a great massage during our stay there.
It was my birthday whilst we stayed at the villa, and on the morning of my birthday, they surprised me with a stunning birthday cake, which was a lovely surprise (they had picked up my birthday from my passport when we checked in). The restaurant was another big plus, great food and wine and service with a smile from the waiting staff. I think my husband and I ate there almost every night we were there.
Overall, this was a fantastic place to stay. A great point for exploring towns and villages around Tuscany, and close to Florence. We are now proud parents of a 2 year old son and we hope to return with him to Villa Barronci soon.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

It's never too late to receive such a wonderful review!!
Thank you very much for your wonderful words, really.
Since 2011 many things changes and developed, you know each year we try to improve both the villa structure and our services. We believe our restaurant also improved a lot.. we will be happy to have your opinion about it..when will you come back??

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Villa I Barronci was an amazing place to stay for our Italian countryside getaway. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the hotel offered impeccable value for money. It is located in a beautiful setting - only about 30 min away from Florence.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CornelvdM
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Thank you very much for your nice review, we hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Beautiful and indulgent villa-hotel, very well maintained, a pleasant atmosphere. The villa is surrounded by incredible scenery. Excellent!!!!.. Very close toFlorence, about 30 minutes away. The rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Massimiliano R
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you very much for your nice review.

Hoping to welcome you again soon, all our best!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Beautiful and indulgent villa-hotel, very well maintained, a pleasant atmosphere. The villa is surrounded by incredible scenery. Rooms are very clean and comfortable and the hotel restaurant was a huge surprise. Normally we avoid eating in the hotel, but this one is worth even a special drive…. first dinner was so delicious that we decided to have a second one.
The location is a winner: close the SI-FI autosrda, a short drive from Florence, as well as from other interesting villages. The villa is only a few minutes drive from San Casciano, with its excellent restaurants and non tourist atmosphere.
Above all, a very professional , friendly and devoted service. Wonderful Gemma and the rest of the dedicated staff deserve all appreciation. We will be back… hopefully, very soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dorit S
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Dorit,

It was a real pleasure welcoming you and your family at Villa I Barronci and we hope we'll see you again soon.

Thank you for your lovely words.

All my best,

Villa Bordoni
Villa Bordoni
#1 of 19 in Greve in Chianti
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti
Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico del Chianti
Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristic...
#1 of 19 in San Casciano in Val di Pesa

Been to Villa I Barronci? Share your experiences!