“Most welcoming staff”

Villa I Barronci
Brisbane
“Most welcoming staff”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Villa I Barronci for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon. As cheesy as it sounds - the staff really do make you feel like it is a home away from home. Nothing was ever a problem and the guys in the restaurant were particularly wonderful! The views are breathtaking and even though it was freezing when we were there we still spent an afternoon on there outside deck to watch the sun set over the hills. Definitely make sure you eat in the restaurant as you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
villaibarronci, Front Office Manager at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your review! We really do our best to make our guests feel at home!
Warmest regards from all the staff

Gemma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2013

If you like Tuscany, Villa I Barronci is the place to stay! Ancient tuscan villa with a contemporary twist. It is the perfect romantic getaway with an excellent Tuscany view. The staff offered us Prosecco (Champagne in Italian) at the bar when we first arrived. We enjoyed them outside by the pool as we watched the beautiful Tuscan sunset. Our superior room with the Tuscan view was on the second floor. It was clean and modern, not to mention the spacious rain shower! The resort restaurant - In Vino Veritas is truly exceptional. Chef Alessio cooked us three fine classic Tuscan cuisine, complimented by a decent selection of Chianti wines that Antonio and Claudio had to offer was absolutely delicious and reasonably priced. Their attention to detail, from choosing the right kind of music for the guests, pink blankets for the ladies, all the way to toys for the fuzzy babies! They’ve got it all! Thank you for taking such good care of us and making our anniversary extra memorable! We borrowed the resort bikes (free of charge), rode around the villa and to the nearby town. The smell of fresh air, the feel of the wind blowing across your face, the sound of chirping birds and the view of Tuscany is simply breathtaking! I would come back in a heartbeat! Grazie mille Villa I Barronci! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Superior room with a view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CuppyLove
villaibarronci, Responsabile reception at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
All of the staff would like to thank you for the wonderful compliments, as we strive everyday to make Villa I Barronci a memorable experience for all of our guests. We are so happy that you had a wonderful anniversary with us. We invite you and your husband to return in future to enjoy the panoramic swimming pool, which you were unable to use in this period. Thank you once again, and hopefully we will see you for a next anniversary or even sooner?
Karratha, Australia
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed at Villa I Baronnci to celebrate our 35th Wedding anniversary. Going to Tusany was always a dream and to be there at this special time was just unbelievable. It was made all the more enjoyable and memorable by the amazing staff, from the reception staff who could answer any questions and helped out with a few issues we were having, to the wellness centre, the massage was soooo relaxing. Now to the boys in the restaurant , Antonio, Claudio and Alessio we have no words that can adequately convey our thanks and appreciation. Theiir attention to detail, knowledge and fantastic personalities were nothing we have ever experienced before.. They made our anniversary so so memorable, with all the little specialties! Truly an amazing experience and we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
villaibarronci, Responsabile reception at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. It really is gratifying when our guests leave happy, and we are glad that we made your anniversary memorable. We hope you return in the future (maybe for the 40th anniversary) because all of our guests are like family to us.
San Jose, California, United States
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Me and my husband have traveled to Tuscany many times as we love the food and the breathtaking views, so we decided looking at the many positive comments on Trip advisor to stay at Villa I Barronci. I must say it surpassed what I had expected. The staff was so friendly, and they made us feel like we were at home. I thought I knew all there was to know about Tuscany , but they helped me discover new places to explore. The restaurant is helpful if you do not want to dine out, and they serve a wonderful Tuscan cuisine with their own olive oil. Not to mention you can have aperitivo (italian cocktail hour) Overlooking the vineyards and olive trees, I must say this place is heaven sent. The rooms were very clean and spacious respecting the Tuscan style but still offering modern amenities. I would return in a heartbeat and probably will next year. Thank you Villa I Barronci

Room Tip: rooms with a view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Altos Hills, California
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Villa in a excellent location if you want to explore Chianti area. It also convenient for day trips to Sienna. Make sure you rent a car. Service is eager though a bit amateurish. The rooms are spotless and modern bathrooms are a plus. Despite some excellent professional pictures on Trip advisor, the grounds are not expansive but the view from the swimming pool and the dinner area is beautiful. As a converted Villa- be prepared for the rooms to be a little cramped and be specific what you book for. The "cottage" style suites are excellent but the rooms on the top floor don't pass muster for the high season 5- star rates I was charged. Wi-fi is spotty/slow but available. The breakfast is excellent. However as a luxury B&B - if you have children, its difficult to get snacks during the day; though they have skeleton service at the pool. Dinners are pleasant, and it being Tuscany- the wines and food cannot be faulted. A quiet little place to spend a few days exploring the Chianti area and the Villa delivers on "charming" and "peaceful" parts of what folks seek -when you come to Chianti. I think your general expectation may fluctuate based on the seasonal room rent you may be charged.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had lovely time in Villa I Barronci. We enjoyed every moment. It was definitely the best hotel we've in our 2 weeks visit in Italy!
The place is charming, the kind of place that makes you wonder whether to go out at all.
The room was wide, comfortable and pleasant.
The breakfast was the best we've eaten - generous, varied and very tasty.
The staff was very nice and helpful - they helped us make reservation to all that needed.
It was perfect vacation!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
new jersey
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Villa I Barronci is a wonderful resort just 20 minutes from Florence. We stayed 4 nights in September. What a wonderful setting. The villa is located on a hill overlooking the Chianti region just outside San Casciano. I cannot say enought about the staff. Everyone was wonderful and accomodating. The restaurant was fabulous and we ate all of our dinners here. The pool area was very nice as well as the spa. We really enjoyed our stay here. If you just want to kick back with a good book there are so many areas around the villa to just sit and do just that. A good intermission if you are on mult stop vacation. I am a travel agent and I will be recommending this place to all of my clients.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelmanagerone
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Casciano in Val di Pesa
Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica
Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica
#1 of 5 in San Casciano in Val di Pesa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort & Spa
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort &...
#1 of 15 in Radda in Chianti
Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa
Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa
#1 of 4 in Tavarnelle Val di Pesa
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica & Spa
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica ...
#2 of 15 in Radda in Chianti
Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristico del Chianti
Salvadonica - Borgo Agrituristic...
#1 of 19 in San Casciano in Val di Pesa

Been to Villa I Barronci? Share your experiences!