“Wonderful Tuscan Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Villa I Barronci
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful Tuscan Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

If you like Tuscany, Villa I Barronci is the place to stay! Ancient tuscan villa with a contemporary twist. It is the perfect romantic getaway with an excellent Tuscany view. The staff offered us Prosecco (Champagne in Italian) at the bar when we first arrived. We enjoyed them outside by the pool as we watched the beautiful Tuscan sunset. Our superior room with the Tuscan view was on the second floor. It was clean and modern, not to mention the spacious rain shower! The resort restaurant - In Vino Veritas is truly exceptional. Chef Alessio cooked us three fine classic Tuscan cuisine, complimented by a decent selection of Chianti wines that Antonio and Claudio had to offer was absolutely delicious and reasonably priced. Their attention to detail, from choosing the right kind of music for the guests, pink blankets for the ladies, all the way to toys for the fuzzy babies! They’ve got it all! Thank you for taking such good care of us and making our anniversary extra memorable! We borrowed the resort bikes (free of charge), rode around the villa and to the nearby town. The smell of fresh air, the feel of the wind blowing across your face, the sound of chirping birds and the view of Tuscany is simply breathtaking! I would come back in a heartbeat! Grazie mille Villa I Barronci! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Superior room with a view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CuppyLove
villaibarronci, Responsabile reception at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
All of the staff would like to thank you for the wonderful compliments, as we strive everyday to make Villa I Barronci a memorable experience for all of our guests. We are so happy that you had a wonderful anniversary with us. We invite you and your husband to return in future to enjoy the panoramic swimming pool, which you were unable to use in this period. Thank you once again, and hopefully we will see you for a next anniversary or even sooner?

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Karratha, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed at Villa I Baronnci to celebrate our 35th Wedding anniversary. Going to Tusany was always a dream and to be there at this special time was just unbelievable. It was made all the more enjoyable and memorable by the amazing staff, from the reception staff who could answer any questions and helped out with a few issues we were having, to the wellness centre, the massage was soooo relaxing. Now to the boys in the restaurant , Antonio, Claudio and Alessio we have no words that can adequately convey our thanks and appreciation. Theiir attention to detail, knowledge and fantastic personalities were nothing we have ever experienced before.. They made our anniversary so so memorable, with all the little specialties! Truly an amazing experience and we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
villaibarronci, Responsabile reception at Villa I Barronci, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. It really is gratifying when our guests leave happy, and we are glad that we made your anniversary memorable. We hope you return in the future (maybe for the 40th anniversary) because all of our guests are like family to us.
San Jose, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

Me and my husband have traveled to Tuscany many times as we love the food and the breathtaking views, so we decided looking at the many positive comments on Trip advisor to stay at Villa I Barronci. I must say it surpassed what I had expected. The staff was so friendly, and they made us feel like we were at home. I thought I knew all there was to know about Tuscany , but they helped me discover new places to explore. The restaurant is helpful if you do not want to dine out, and they serve a wonderful Tuscan cuisine with their own olive oil. Not to mention you can have aperitivo (italian cocktail hour) Overlooking the vineyards and olive trees, I must say this place is heaven sent. The rooms were very clean and spacious respecting the Tuscan style but still offering modern amenities. I would return in a heartbeat and probably will next year. Thank you Villa I Barronci

Room Tip: rooms with a view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Altos Hills, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Villa in a excellent location if you want to explore Chianti area. It also convenient for day trips to Sienna. Make sure you rent a car. Service is eager though a bit amateurish. The rooms are spotless and modern bathrooms are a plus. Despite some excellent professional pictures on Trip advisor, the grounds are not expansive but the view from the swimming pool and the dinner area is beautiful. As a converted Villa- be prepared for the rooms to be a little cramped and be specific what you book for. The "cottage" style suites are excellent but the rooms on the top floor don't pass muster for the high season 5- star rates I was charged. Wi-fi is spotty/slow but available. The breakfast is excellent. However as a luxury B&B - if you have children, its difficult to get snacks during the day; though they have skeleton service at the pool. Dinners are pleasant, and it being Tuscany- the wines and food cannot be faulted. A quiet little place to spend a few days exploring the Chianti area and the Villa delivers on "charming" and "peaceful" parts of what folks seek -when you come to Chianti. I think your general expectation may fluctuate based on the seasonal room rent you may be charged.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had lovely time in Villa I Barronci. We enjoyed every moment. It was definitely the best hotel we've in our 2 weeks visit in Italy!
The place is charming, the kind of place that makes you wonder whether to go out at all.
The room was wide, comfortable and pleasant.
The breakfast was the best we've eaten - generous, varied and very tasty.
The staff was very nice and helpful - they helped us make reservation to all that needed.
It was perfect vacation!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Villa I Barronci is a wonderful resort just 20 minutes from Florence. We stayed 4 nights in September. What a wonderful setting. The villa is located on a hill overlooking the Chianti region just outside San Casciano. I cannot say enought about the staff. Everyone was wonderful and accomodating. The restaurant was fabulous and we ate all of our dinners here. The pool area was very nice as well as the spa. We really enjoyed our stay here. If you just want to kick back with a good book there are so many areas around the villa to just sit and do just that. A good intermission if you are on mult stop vacation. I am a travel agent and I will be recommending this place to all of my clients.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelmanagerone
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Villa I Barronci is an elegant resort in the breathtakingly beautiful Tuscan countryside, with a spa and restaurant on site. Unlike some of the previous reviewers, I found the customer service to be exceptionally good.

I stayed in Room 19, which I’m told is a new room in a new building just across the path from the main building. This room is lovely, with a spectacular view. I sat in my queen size bed with the windows open and savored a gentle breeze and a scenic view of green countryside. Because room 19 is situated very close to the pool, you do hear the conversations of the lounging sunbathers in your room in the daytime. And people tended to lounge out in the area beneath my window at night, so I had to close the windows when I wanted to go to sleep early (10pm) after a long flight. But it is far too remote a place to attract loud party people, so I think this was just the result of a busy wedding weekend in the area.

My room was perfectly clean. The room is decorated in a fresh style with a white color scheme, rustic windows, and hardwood floors. The large queen-size bed was very comfortable, complete with 4 fluffy pillows, soft white sheets and a cozy duvet.

The shower room was fit for a spa resort (although note this room did lack a bathtub). The large walk-in shower is handicapped equipped with a bench and an emergency alarm (although anyone with problems walking would struggle with the steep flight of stairs into this particular room). Bring your own shampoo and conditioner, as the only choice here is an olive oil shampoo that left my non-Italian hair very weighed down.

Free wifi is available in the hotel, but it did not work in my room (#19). There was an Ethernet cord, as well, but this did not work with my MacBook. If you require wifi in your room, your best best is to request a room on the ground floor. I was fine with bringing my laptop to the comfortable lounge by reception to access wireless. Here you can also order a glass of chianti while you check your email.

The breakfast offers plenty of selection: fresh fruit, eggs, cheese, deli meats, cereal, toast, and a variety of pastries. Drink options include an orange or strawberry juice drink, tea, and a coffee machine for espresso drinks. I also enjoyed a relaxing lunch in the restaurant with very attentive service from the waitress; the special that day was a very filling Tuscan tagliatelle with sausage for 8 euros.

Travelers on a tighter budget might purchase groceries at the Co-op in the neighboring town of San Casciano, which is well sign-posted from the main road. My room had a mini-fridge, which is stocked with the typical overpriced drinks (7 euros for sparkling wine, 4 euros for coke, 3 euros for water). With so many bottles pre-stocked into the mini-bar, I couldn’t fit in many supplies—but buying bread, cheese, yogurt, and fruit enabled me to have a small picnic lunch in the garden area. There is a kettle in the room, equipped with teabags and sugar. If you require milk or instant coffee, pick up your own in town.

While I came with the intention of getting away from it all, I didn’t realize how isolated I would feel without a car. Although the town of San Casciano is only 2 km away, there is no pedestrian sidewalk to smooth the way. Rather, the first stretch from the hotel is a windy, narrow road with no sidewalks with cars flying by. (I must note that a very helpful staff member helpfully warned me of this when I mentioned that I would walk to the village. Perhaps the management might offer a daily shuttle service? ) When one particularly fast car sped by, I jumped into the brambles and bushes for fear of being struck. The result was, that by the time I got to the idyllic town, my shoes and jeans were caked in mud. When I come back to Villa I Barronci, I will most certainly rent a car and admire the spectacular view from the driver’s seat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Villa Bordoni
Villa Bordoni
#1 of 19 in Greve in Chianti
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti
Castello Vicchiomaggio
Castello Vicchiomaggio
#3 of 19 in Greve in Chianti
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort & Spa
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort &...
#1 of 15 in Radda in Chianti

Been to Villa I Barronci? Share your experiences!