Villa I Barronci
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica(San Casciano in Val di Pesa)
View Hotel
Agriturismo Bruscola(San Casciano in Val di Pesa)
View Hotel
Hotel di sor Paolo(San Casciano in Val di Pesa)
View Hotel
Hotel Calzaiolo(San Casciano in Val di Pesa)
Castello di Fezzana(Montespertoli)
  • Pool
  • Pool
Villa Le Calvane(Montespertoli)
View Hotel
All reviewssan cascianovino veritashotel restaurantoutdoor restaurantnice sizebase to exploresmall townreception staffpastachianti areasuperior roomshort drivestayed for nightsrooms are nicecouple of nightsamazing placetuscan holiday
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Villa in a excellent location if you want to explore Chianti area. It also convenient for day trips to Sienna. Make sure you rent a car. Service is eager though a bit amateurish. The rooms are spotless and modern bathrooms are a plus. Despite some excellent professional pictures on Trip advisor, the grounds are not expansive but the view from the swimming pool and the dinner area is beautiful. As a converted Villa- be prepared for the rooms to be a little cramped and be specific what you book for. The "cottage" style suites are excellent but the rooms on the top floor don't pass muster for the high season 5- star rates I was charged. Wi-fi is spotty/slow but available. The breakfast is excellent. However as a luxury B&B - if you have children, its difficult to get snacks during the day; though they have skeleton service at the pool. Dinners are pleasant, and it being Tuscany- the wines and food cannot be faulted. A quiet little place to spend a few days exploring the Chianti area and the Villa delivers on "charming" and "peaceful" parts of what folks seek -when you come to Chianti. I think your general expectation may fluctuate based on the seasonal room rent you may be charged.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had lovely time in Villa I Barronci. We enjoyed every moment. It was definitely the best hotel we've in our 2 weeks visit in Italy!
The place is charming, the kind of place that makes you wonder whether to go out at all.
The room was wide, comfortable and pleasant.
The breakfast was the best we've eaten - generous, varied and very tasty.
The staff was very nice and helpful - they helped us make reservation to all that needed.
It was perfect vacation!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Villa I Barronci is a wonderful resort just 20 minutes from Florence. We stayed 4 nights in September. What a wonderful setting. The villa is located on a hill overlooking the Chianti region just outside San Casciano. I cannot say enought about the staff. Everyone was wonderful and accomodating. The restaurant was fabulous and we ate all of our dinners here. The pool area was very nice as well as the spa. We really enjoyed our stay here. If you just want to kick back with a good book there are so many areas around the villa to just sit and do just that. A good intermission if you are on mult stop vacation. I am a travel agent and I will be recommending this place to all of my clients.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelmanagerone
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Villa I Barronci is an elegant resort in the breathtakingly beautiful Tuscan countryside, with a spa and restaurant on site. Unlike some of the previous reviewers, I found the customer service to be exceptionally good.

I stayed in Room 19, which I’m told is a new room in a new building just across the path from the main building. This room is lovely, with a spectacular view. I sat in my queen size bed with the windows open and savored a gentle breeze and a scenic view of green countryside. Because room 19 is situated very close to the pool, you do hear the conversations of the lounging sunbathers in your room in the daytime. And people tended to lounge out in the area beneath my window at night, so I had to close the windows when I wanted to go to sleep early (10pm) after a long flight. But it is far too remote a place to attract loud party people, so I think this was just the result of a busy wedding weekend in the area.

My room was perfectly clean. The room is decorated in a fresh style with a white color scheme, rustic windows, and hardwood floors. The large queen-size bed was very comfortable, complete with 4 fluffy pillows, soft white sheets and a cozy duvet.

The shower room was fit for a spa resort (although note this room did lack a bathtub). The large walk-in shower is handicapped equipped with a bench and an emergency alarm (although anyone with problems walking would struggle with the steep flight of stairs into this particular room). Bring your own shampoo and conditioner, as the only choice here is an olive oil shampoo that left my non-Italian hair very weighed down.

Free wifi is available in the hotel, but it did not work in my room (#19). There was an Ethernet cord, as well, but this did not work with my MacBook. If you require wifi in your room, your best best is to request a room on the ground floor. I was fine with bringing my laptop to the comfortable lounge by reception to access wireless. Here you can also order a glass of chianti while you check your email.

The breakfast offers plenty of selection: fresh fruit, eggs, cheese, deli meats, cereal, toast, and a variety of pastries. Drink options include an orange or strawberry juice drink, tea, and a coffee machine for espresso drinks. I also enjoyed a relaxing lunch in the restaurant with very attentive service from the waitress; the special that day was a very filling Tuscan tagliatelle with sausage for 8 euros.

Travelers on a tighter budget might purchase groceries at the Co-op in the neighboring town of San Casciano, which is well sign-posted from the main road. My room had a mini-fridge, which is stocked with the typical overpriced drinks (7 euros for sparkling wine, 4 euros for coke, 3 euros for water). With so many bottles pre-stocked into the mini-bar, I couldn’t fit in many supplies—but buying bread, cheese, yogurt, and fruit enabled me to have a small picnic lunch in the garden area. There is a kettle in the room, equipped with teabags and sugar. If you require milk or instant coffee, pick up your own in town.

While I came with the intention of getting away from it all, I didn’t realize how isolated I would feel without a car. Although the town of San Casciano is only 2 km away, there is no pedestrian sidewalk to smooth the way. Rather, the first stretch from the hotel is a windy, narrow road with no sidewalks with cars flying by. (I must note that a very helpful staff member helpfully warned me of this when I mentioned that I would walk to the village. Perhaps the management might offer a daily shuttle service? ) When one particularly fast car sped by, I jumped into the brambles and bushes for fear of being struck. The result was, that by the time I got to the idyllic town, my shoes and jeans were caked in mud. When I come back to Villa I Barronci, I will most certainly rent a car and admire the spectacular view from the driver’s seat.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank feliciahemans
Reviewed October 15, 2012

A beautiful and restful villa in the heart of Tuscany just 30 minutes from Fiorenze/Florence. Stayed in the Family Suite (2 bdrms/1 bath); ample room, clean, comfortable. Breakfast was wonderful, providing various kinds of fruits, cheeses and meats, yogurt, cereals, eggs, breads, and coffees/beverages - truly a feast. Their evening meals were delicious, but a bit over-priced. My choice was to go to some of the local restaurants and cafes in the village of San Casciano and surrounding area. The food in Tuscany is out of this world! Villa i Barronci is quiet, has beautiful views and wonderful sitting areas around the Villa for conversation or meditation or reading - your choice. It was too cold to get into the pool, but would be wonderful in warmer weather. They also offer a sauna and a variety of massages. Staff was excellent and always helpful and spoke multiple languages.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends