“Perfect location, perfect rooms, perfect hosts”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
David
Firenze in the night
Ponte Vecchio
Mercato di San Lorezo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
JannHH
Hamburg, Germany
“Perfect location, perfect rooms, perfect hosts”
Reviewed May 11, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

In April 2015 we have been here for our second stay in Le Massucce after being here in 2008 for the first time. The location of the farmhouse is located approx 15 km south of Florence, in San Casciano in Val di Pesa, in the heart of the Chianti area. The farmhouse is surrounded by a very nice garden with lots of flowers, herbs, olive and lemon trees etc.

The hosts:
The hosts Cristina and her daughter Benedetta live next to the farmhouse. Both of them are very friendly and helpful and always have good tips available where to go for sightseeing, restaurants etc. Benedetta speaks Italian, English and German language. Both of them always respect your privacy, but they are available in case you have questions or want to have a nice conversation in between. As we have been here for the second time, it was like coming back to old friends this time.

Our apartment:
The farmhouse offers 2 apartments, ours provided 2 bedrooms so the 4 of us were accomodated comfortably. The bathroom is big and provides a shower. In the kitchen you find a gas stove and a nice wooden table where we often had our breakfast. The living room (satellite TV available there) creates a nice atmosphere and has the main entrance to the apartment from the terrace.
The terrace belongs to the apartment and is surrounded by some plants which create a natural atmosphere and gives you some privacy. The terrace is located on a sunny spot which is great for having breakfast or dinner outside. With umbrellas and a "pergola" which can be opened and closed, Benedetta and Cristina provide some protection against the sun - in case it gets too sunny.

The location:
To make it short: We cannot imagine a better location to discover Tuscany.
Benedetta always points out to visit the little villages in the surrounding Chianti area, which indeed are worth visiting, e.g.: Greve in Chianti, Panzano, Castellina in Chianti, Badia or Valigondoli.

But also for the well known Tuscan cities, this farmhouse has excellent location: Florence is just some kilometres away, Siena can be reached directly via the "raccordo" street in approx 45 min. Pisa, Livorno can be reached in almost the same time via FI-PI-LI street connection. There is lots more to discover, Benedetta and Cristina will always be helpful in giving advice. We have already arranged to return next year.

Thanks for a wonderful vacation in San Casciano / Chianti Classico area. See you next year!

Jann & famiglia

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Benedetta e Cristina (the hosts are great)
Liked least: There is nothing to report.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Bert M
Zandvoort, The Netherlands
“Lovely place to stay to discover the Italian atmosphere”
Reviewed April 27, 2015 for a stay in June 2014

We liked this place very much. For the Italian atmosphere and the friendlyness of the owner who was very heplfull. The appartement had all the things you need. It lies on a walking distance form the center of the town were you find several restaurants. The place is not far of Florence and close to the Chianti region. Good place to be on vacation.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
gad a
Milan, Italy
“Wonderful family holiday in a lovely tuscan villa and very friendly Le Massucce.”
Reviewed April 12, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

We spent a week in Le Massucce, in San Casciano near Florence. From the very beginning we could feel the kindness of the owner "Benedetta" . It started with a very good communication and lasted along our stay. Benedetta and her lovely mother were so kind and helpful that it made the whole difference. our stay was very enjoyable, the place was very clean and relaxing. the location is great for a day trip all over lovely Tuscana.
Thanks Bendetta for your excellent hospitality/

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the kindness of the owners.
Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
שירעז ש
“A great place for vacation.”
Reviewed April 7, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Benedita is a very nice women ,we felt like a family . the flat was great..close to everything.
We will recomend about her flat and her warm wellcome.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Noga H
“I will recommend to my best friends & family, hope to come back soon”
Reviewed October 28, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

We had a great vacation, the house is on a very good location, the owner (Benedetta) is very nice and help with good advice and warm attitude.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the great hospitality and good advices from the owner of the place
Traveling group: Young Children
Hello my dear guests,
We are just at the end of the year 2014. During this year I met many people from different countries: couples, families, friends, children...
I would like to tell each one, first of all, THANK YOU for your stay by Le Massucce.
I hope you will remember your vacation as a nice part of your life .
I have a good memory of everybody! Each with its own story to tell... and I have met so many new things that have filled my life. It ' was a great experience having met!

I would like to wish Marry Christmas for them who celebrate this holiday.
For everybody I wish for the new year, success, health, peace and a lot of Love!

Zottman
Denver, Colorado
“Perfection for enjoying North and Central Tuscany”
Reviewed October 14, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Great location just outside the village of San Casciano about 15 Kilometers south of Florence. Wonderful hosts (Benedetta and her mom) who could not have been more accommodating and gracious. The apartment was spotless, well furnished and nicely private with good parking. My GPS could not locate the address but Benedetta was kind enough to buzz into the village to find us and lead us to the house after I called her.

We very much enjoyed our stay here and would go back in a second! I can't imagine a better spot from which to do day trips around Tuscany and along the "Chianti Road." Especially after all the great tips on sites to see and restaurants we got from our hosts.

Dino from Denver

Liked best: Location and hosts
Liked least: Nothing at all
Traveling group: Friends

Tester038
Mont Tremblant, Canada
“The Place to Stay”
Reviewed September 24, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

This is an amazing house to rent. EVERYTHING is so near. Walk to the village, market and bus station. Short and amazing drive through the beautiful region of Chianti to Florence, Greve, Sienna.
The hosts (Cristina, Benedetta and Jonathan) go out of their way to make you feel right at home. The proprety is spotless and quiet.
You won't go wrong and this will make your trip in Italy even better
Mariette

Liked best: The Location
Liked least: That I could not stay there longer
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets

Benedetta
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing