The Villa was Beautiful! The grounds were extremely well kept and the interior was beautifully decorated, as well as clean. We stayed in a beautiful room with a private sitting area that was very relaxing. I really enjoyed the honesty bar and roaming the villa as if it were my own. We had dinner at the villa our first night and it was delicious, I loved the fresh veggies.
The staff was extremely helpful and more than willing to arrange a cooking lesson for us prior to us arriving, not to mention make dinner reservations at restaurants as well. I had gotten an allergic reaction to a mosquito bite and Monica had another staff member run to the pharmacy to pick up some antibiotics for me, which I was extremely grateful for. When we asked one of the staff members were we could purchase some chocolate to snack on with our wine, she recommended a wine store in-town that was a great find.
I can't wait to return to Villa il Poggiale, hopefully next time with my family so they can enjoy as much as I did. From laying at the pool to relaxing outside with a glass of wine from the honesty bar, this was by far the highlight of my Italian Holiday :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica is located in the heart of the Chianti region, only a few kilometres from the historic centre of Florence. The property is classified as a historic villa, finely restored, offering a warm, friendly service and great hospitality: even the smallest details have been carefully considered to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. In an oasis of peace surrounded by enchanting gardens, fragrant with roses and plants, guests can sip a tea and start a beautiful day in the country with a good breakfast rich of products and ingredients of Tuscan cuisine, from homemade cakes, honey, fresh ricotta to salami. From April to October the restaurant is open. Each day the chef prepares lunch buffet with typical dishes of Tuscan tradition, accompanied by a good selection of local wines. We organize cooking lessons in Villa. The villa also features a brand new wellness Centre. Guests can now relax in this Chianti SPA accommodation offering simple treatments, essential oils and fragrances made with raisins, olives, citrus fruits and honey. The Villa offers Wi-Fi connection free of charge. The property is the ideal for romantic getaways or holidays with the entire family, in addition to wedding ceremonies, banquets, work breakfasts, meetings, and much more. Children are welcome offering them services and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire and HRS so you can book your Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Hotel Il Poggiale Dimora Storica
- Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Italy/Tuscany