This hotel has the potential of being a very classy 5* hotel. It is in a great location with stunning views across the hills and valleys of Chianti with easy access to the main roads of Florence and Siena. Most rooms are very spacious with the majority having a separate seating area (according to the fire floor plan) with some of the lower ground rooms having private/semi-private courtyards. Our room also stayed really cool during the day due to its thick stone walls and being located in the oldest part of the Villa.
In our room, the upholstery was marked which made it look a bit tired and spoilt what was otherwise lovely furniture. Our bathroom was very dated and the clunky shower spilled water like Niagara falls which flooded the floor if we didn't put towels down in strategic places.
We were a bit sceptical about the food as it was buffet style and there was only one dessert but, on the whole, was quite good. But we found the restaurant did lack atmosphere and most diners seemed confused about the self service procedure. Local wine was acceptable and, for the connoisseur, there was a wider choice to choose from.
One of our main frustrations was the lack of Internet access beyond some of the common areas. We also had to reapply for a different pass code every 24 hours.
The staff at the reception were very helpful and obliging, offering to take us into town etc.
Housekeeping was satisfactory although to make it extra special it is always nice to have a turndown service.
Our only grievance was the restrictions on using the public areas that were imposed due to a wedding being held on one of the days.
Overall it is a lovely hotel which we would be happy to return to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica is located in the heart of the Chianti region, only a few kilometres from the historic centre of Florence. The property is classified as a historic villa, finely restored, offering a warm, friendly service and great hospitality: even the smallest details have been carefully considered to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. In an oasis of peace surrounded by enchanting gardens, fragrant with roses and plants, guests can sip a tea and start a beautiful day in the country with a good breakfast rich of products and ingredients of Tuscan cuisine, from homemade cakes, honey, fresh ricotta to salami. From April to October the restaurant is open. Each day the chef prepares lunch buffet with typical dishes of Tuscan tradition, accompanied by a good selection of local wines. We organize cooking lessons in Villa. The villa also features a brand new wellness Centre. Guests can now relax in this Chianti SPA accommodation offering simple treatments, essential oils and fragrances made with raisins, olives, citrus fruits and honey. The Villa offers Wi-Fi connection free of charge. The property is the ideal for romantic getaways or holidays with the entire family, in addition to wedding ceremonies, banquets, work breakfasts, meetings, and much more. Children are welcome offering them services and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Villa il Poggiale Dimora Storica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel San Casciano In Val Di Pesa
- Hotel Il Poggiale Dimora Storica
- Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Hotel
- Villa Il Poggiale Dimora Storica Italy/Tuscany