“great fish”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We had heard from several people about the quality of this restaurant and we decided to try it. The fish was fantastic and it was nice to have something different from the usual Tuscan food. I would say that the clientele were not your average Italian or tourist, that explained the prices. Having said that, I will go back because the food was amazing.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

A real gem. We like seafood and we were not disappointed. Everyone we interacted with had a warm, generous feel to them. When I asked what the various fish were caleld in English, the invited me to come and look at the display. They then called out the chef who got a cool book out and we chatted and looked up the various names. Everyone seemed to genuinely like people and care about the experience. There was no flamboyance, just a real feeling of good intent. I can't remember a place that had such a good vibe. In addition, the food was great. Fresh, tasty, artfully cooked and presented. A great experience.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I dined at La Trattoria del Pesce on our last day in Italy at the end of a three week trip that included an 11 day cruise. We had eaten some pretty good food during our trip. However, the food at this Trattoria was outstanding. I enjoyed a seafood risotto to start with grilled Brazino as the main course. My wife had a simple salad to begin and pasta with shrimp as her second course. We shared a side of sauted spinach with the mains.

Simply put the food was outstanding. The risotto was rich with a variety of seafood and perfectly cooked. The Brazino, called sea bass by the waiter was perfect. Charred on the outside, moist and meaty on the inside. The waiter expertly deboned the fish table side. The simple salad was fresh and lightly dressed. The pasta was very lightly bathed in an exquisite sauce that was flavourful and rich. I had a hard time trying to figure out the combination but I think it was an olive oil/soffrito/shrimp/whitewine combination. The best pasta dish either of us had had in Italy. I had one small complaint, the side dish of spinach was bland and tasteless. That definitely needs a little more garlic.

We shared a semifreddo to finish up. This was also fabulous.

Service was great, very professional. A little English was spoken as well as a little Italian.

Total cost 93 euros including a 23 euro bottle of wine.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Outside Florence,but tottaly worth it!The service was excellent and the food was delicious!We ordered three main plates,all with seafood(shrimps,mussels,oysters) all absolutely fresh!!! Totally worth driving outside of Florenece..The prices were good for such a delicious seafood!! (ex.6 big fresh oysters 14 euro).Deffinately reccomended!!!

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed in the area and drove up to the restaurant for a lazy lunch with no expectations. The seafood linguine (serve in a pan) blew us away. The seafood was fresh, the juice of the seafood (aka source) was 6 stars quality. It was nothing less than perfect. Worth the 30 minutes drive from Florence to taste that if you are a seafood and pasta lover like we are. In addition, the local patrons were very friendly. We were trying to decide on a sparkling wine (with language issues). The couple sitting next to us offerred us to try their bottle.

La Trattoria de... B, Owner at La Trattoria del Pesce, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Good Morning,
we have read your opinion about us, and we would like to say to you Thank You very very much!
We hope to see you soon.
La Trattoria del Pesce