Agrotourism Il Bettarello(Roccastrada)(Great Value!)
$67
  • Pool
Country Inn Casa Mazzoni(Roccastrada)(Great Value!)
$94
Priceline
Casa Guaitoli(Civitella Paganico)(Great Value!)
$61
$57
Antico Casale L'Impostino(Civitella Paganico)
$134
$123
Petriolo Spa Resort(Civitella Paganico)
$224
$113
$110
All reviewsgemmasummergardenwinesmiddlevillagetuscany
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed at The Melosa with my wife for one night.
The package was for a room category Fuoco, including breakfast, a dinner for two at the restaurant and free use of the spa (without special treatments).
The resort is located a few minutes from Roccastrada, nestled in a peaceful and woodland area.
Our room was located at the first floor and had a four-poster bed, flat tv (you really shouldn’t use in such a place), fireplace, safe, mini-bar with free soft drinks, snacks, water, beer and a prosecco too.
Bath was good sized with shower and natural products branded La Melosa (you can buy directly at the reception) and we got also slippers and bathrobe.
The view from the window was over the garden and the rolling hills.
We experienced some troubles with the thermostat (I think it wasn't working correctly) as the air in the room was too humid and warm.
The buffet breakfast was served in the patio overlooking the pool and there was coffee, tea, yoghurt, fresh fruit, cereals, jams and honey many of them branded La Melosa and locally sourced.
We had a four-courses dinner in the restaurant in a detached building and it was a very fine experience (pici al pecorino Dop e pepe to try absolutely) with many ingredients from Maremma; a good list of wines and four artisanal beers.
Service of Andrea was attentive and friendly too.
On the morning we had access to the spa (another detached building) where we tried the hammam and the whirlpool but not the steam room. Among many treatments and massage to choose from, my wife decided to have the Ayurveda (not included in the package) and she appreciated it very much.
After the spa we relaxed on the sundeck along the pool.
Service at the hotel was very good and Debora the receptionist was friendly and competent and allowed us to leave the room after normal check-out since the our room wasn't booked yet.
Overall a very positive experience if you are look for relax and adequate services.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Sadly only booked in for 1 night at this haven of peace! Totally relaxed. Beautiful rooms. Restaurant excellent food and service. Would have like to stayed longer.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2010

A really personal hotel with just a few rooms but great facilities. Very comfortable, well appointed rooms with superb bathrooms and throughful touches. Staff were great, friendly and attentive when needed but out of your hair when not. The pooland surrounding area was fantastic The organic breakfast was fresh and light, perfect. The nearby village of Roccastrada is 'the real deal' Tuscany and well located for exploring the area.

Pure peace and relaxation at a very acceptable price for what you get.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I spent a wonderful week at La Melosa Resort during a vacation in the south part of Tuscany. I found a small but very exclusive Hotel, where all of the staff makes you feel at home. We enjoyed very much the cosy Restaurant with an extraordinary service, but the best part was the Beauty Center where I got pampered with treatments. They had a large selection of Beauty treatments, not only normal massages. Also here we found the staff very polite and professional.
We stayed in a beautiful room in typical Tuscan stile, decorated with wall paintings.
I found the location of the Hotel perfect for sight seeing, but still not too far from the beach or several other locations worth visiting in the area of Maremma.
As I come from the north part of Europe where we take great care of the environment, I especially appreciated that they take part of the Eco World Hotels.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2009

this hotel is a cozy hideaway for all those who want to forget the rest of the world for a while. the fact that the cellphone does not pick up in all spots and that the only sounds that can be heard is the eventual limited traffic going by the somewhat near road is a plus. rooms and common areas are very nice and the room with garden we had was delightful. People/owners and staff are very friendly and breakfast is a treat with fresh produce, fruit , homemade yogurt. Coffee is stronger/more bitter than average but it did not bother me. I would suggest This hotel for couples mainly. In fact I went there with my young kids, and although they are quite well behaved, I did not feel this hotel was the right place. If your kids are 12 and up and enjoy nature and need a relaxing place this is it. The restaurant was very good and had a a couple of out of the menu dishes every night. One important detail(for me). The wine is unfortunately kept inside the restaurant where temperatures ( especially in the summer) are quite high. Wines are therefore served at temperatures above the correct degrees. I would advise the mangmnt to take car eof this issue which is a bit disappointing. The spa was quite nice and the girls doing the massage were certainly professionals and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family