I stayed here with my sister (with whom I shared a room) and mother during a trip to Tuscany for the wedding of my cousin, which took place in the nearby medieval Citta di Cortona. The Borgo Santo Pietro is visually stunning, lush with foliage and flowers (the aroma of lavender was especially calming) and super clean rooms filled with rustic but well-maintained furniture and modern appliances. The villa is removed enough from the city of Cortona to afford absolute serenity and spectacular views (and nice walking paths), yet close enough to have access within five minutes to the center of town. Following a lengthy trip from the U.S. we were greeted by a charming staff ready to assist with any need. Unobtrusive and helpful, offering directions and recommendations at the drop of a hat, each staff member was a delight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the Tuscan hillside not far from the cultural centres of Florence and Siena, we have lovingly restored Borgo Santo Pietro, a thirteenth century villa and its 100 acres of enchanting gardens, with a vision to create a bespoke, luxury private retreat. A resting place for pilgrims en route to Rome 800 years ago, this ancient site continues to provide sanctuary to our guests today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Borgo Santo Pietro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borgo Santo Pietro Hotel Chiusdino
- Borgo Santo Pietro Italy/Chiusdino