My husband and I spent three days at this serene place. We have stayed at several 5 star hotels worldwide, this place exceeds them all. The grounds and the room appointments are fabulous. (Our room was Giardin de Fiori). However, the attentive staff puts it over the top. During our first stroll through the extensive gardens, Peter, the head gardener, introduced us to his geese who entertained us immensely. The bar and restaurant staff (Lorenzo, Gain Luc, Apollonio) and the concierge staff (Raphael, Nicole, Denise and Timea), were so attentive and friendly to us. My husband and I so enjoyed the pasta and pastry cooking class with the charming Executive Chef, Stephano Santo. His tasting menu is quite imaginative and I encourage everyone who stays at the Borgo to try it! (I couldn't believe I liked the horseradish ice cream,, but it works with the chocolate gateau!) My water color painting lesson with resident artist, Ulrika Westerberg, in the garden cottage is a memory I cherish. The lesson started during a torrential downpour, but by the end the afternoon sun came out and the colors were so vibrant... simply magical. Tracy, the Spa Therapist, has a healing gift. I had the Indian Head and Scalp treatment because I had sinus troubles. I thought she was using heated stones during my massage, but the heat came from her hands. She personally brought a healing tea up to my room and by that that evening my congestion was significantly relieved. I can go on an on about the BSP and the attentive staff but the review by Alexa S pretty much sums up the experience one will have there. Therefore, I would advise those travelers intent on sightseeing to stay at the Borgo at the end of their Italian vacation, because they will not want to leave the property!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the Tuscan hillside not far from the cultural centres of Florence and Siena, we have lovingly restored Borgo Santo Pietro, a thirteenth century villa and its 100 acres of enchanting gardens, with a vision to create a bespoke, luxury private retreat. A resting place for pilgrims en route to Rome 800 years ago, this ancient site continues to provide sanctuary to our guests today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Hotwire, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Borgo Santo Pietro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borgo Santo Pietro Hotel Chiusdino
- Borgo Santo Pietro Italy/Chiusdino