“BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!”
Review of Borgo Santo Pietro

Borgo Santo Pietro
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Chiusdino
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I spent three days at this serene place. We have stayed at several 5 star hotels worldwide, this place exceeds them all. The grounds and the room appointments are fabulous. (Our room was Giardin de Fiori). However, the attentive staff puts it over the top. During our first stroll through the extensive gardens, Peter, the head gardener, introduced us to his geese who entertained us immensely. The bar and restaurant staff (Lorenzo, Gain Luc, Apollonio) and the concierge staff (Raphael, Nicole, Denise and Timea), were so attentive and friendly to us. My husband and I so enjoyed the pasta and pastry cooking class with the charming Executive Chef, Stephano Santo. His tasting menu is quite imaginative and I encourage everyone who stays at the Borgo to try it! (I couldn't believe I liked the horseradish ice cream,, but it works with the chocolate gateau!) My water color painting lesson with resident artist, Ulrika Westerberg, in the garden cottage is a memory I cherish. The lesson started during a torrential downpour, but by the end the afternoon sun came out and the colors were so vibrant... simply magical. Tracy, the Spa Therapist, has a healing gift. I had the Indian Head and Scalp treatment because I had sinus troubles. I thought she was using heated stones during my massage, but the heat came from her hands. She personally brought a healing tea up to my room and by that that evening my congestion was significantly relieved. I can go on an on about the BSP and the attentive staff but the review by Alexa S pretty much sums up the experience one will have there. Therefore, I would advise those travelers intent on sightseeing to stay at the Borgo at the end of their Italian vacation, because they will not want to leave the property!

Room Tip: Our room, Giardin de Fiori was very quiet and it overlooked the formal gardens. I recommend travele...

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I were fortunate enough to stay here on our honeymoon this past August and it was the highlight of our trip. Our stay was an absolute dream - BSP is a romantic, stunning, relaxing PARADISE. We are tough, judgmental consumers having stayed in nice hotels all over the world, but could not think of one thing we would change about BSP. We would not hesitate to recommend BSP to the most discerning traveler, and plan to return as soon as possible.

When we arrived we were shown incredible hospitality by the staff and were delighted to find fresh fruit and chilled sparkling wine with a congratulations letter awaiting us in our room. The incredible staff also gave us a tour of the hotel grounds and described its history. We are from New York City and accustomed to fine dining and luxury vacations, and the staff at Borgo Santo Pietro was best in class. In the main house, Gian Luca , Denise and Timea made us feel like family and had wonderful recommendations for activities around Tuscany. In addition to the staff, the hotel itself is stunning. The grounds are perfectly groomed, the interiors perfectly decorated, the beds and robes perfectly cozy...I could go on and on.

The food at the hotel was divine as well. The hotel currently has two restaurants. The first night we ate at the fine dining establishment, and despite being jaded new york foodies were blown away by the food, wine and atmosphere on the terrace. The evening was so perfect it is hard to put into words. Another night of our stay we ate in the more casual establishment by the pool and had what we continue to cite as the best meal of our lives in terms of the meal, ambiance and the generous hosts at BSP. We relaxed by candle light, drinking rosemary martinis and befriending the incredible staff that night - Nicola and Jarho. They recommended a beautiful red wine and the Florentine steak with grilled vegetables. Jarho showed us the meat before he cooked it and made us the most delicious steak imaginable. We lingered for hours and felt so happy, content and comfortable we discussed cancelling the rest of our honeymoon plans (we were scheduled to leave the next day) so that we could have more incredible nights hosted by Nicola and Jarho.

Although we stuck to our original itinerary, Borgo Santo Pietro was the highlight of our trip. The natural beauty, incredible attention to detail, and world class staff made our stay a dream. We are determined to come back to this magical place as often as possible - it is worth every penny. Anyone planning a trip to Tuscany needs to experience this place or they will be missing out. We are already planning our next trip back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alexa S
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Borgo just keeps getting better.

The rooms, grounds and facilities have always been 5 star and top notch but the service just keeps getting better and better. The staff was attentive, everything was considered and all expectations were met with a smile.

This is how a hotel should be run!

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room on the property.
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Just came home from one night stay at Borgo Santo Pietro and I feel like I have been in heaven! This boutiqe hotel is absolutely the BEST hotel ever. I have been traveling a lot and stayed at many hotels but non of them can compete with this one. Everything is perfect! Every detail is thought thru. So first of all the hotel rooms are not just amazingly beautiful, no also the products for the shower are of best quality. The towels are made of bambu which makes them super soft but fantastic absorbent. The beds, pillows and duvet....Mamma Mia. I slept like a princess. The staff is super service minded and the dinner we had was sooo yummi. The owners Klaus and Jeanette are fantastic hosts who will make you feel very welcome! There are candles lit everywhere, both outside and inside. There are open fire places that makes you feel home. I can go on and on about this hotel forever as I have never seen anything like this. The interior design is more than BEAUTIFUL, no words can descrive how every little detail are part of the full concept which makes Borgo Santo Pietro unique. I walked around in their big garder where they also grow fruits and vegetables. All ingredients they use at this hotel is biodynamic. I would like to STRONGLY recommend this hotel.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

There are many wonderful places to stay in Tuscany BUT this property is truly a 10+. So much more than we expected. Beautiful grounds - manicured to perfection. The staff makes you feel like royalty - they are well informed and truly friendly. Our room was Sir Vincent - one of the two smaller rooms. It may have been smaller in size but it was truly beautiful and furnished as lavish as any other larger room. Wonderful beds and linens, great bath products, iPod docking station. All meals were amazing - Breakfast a real feast with anything you desired and dinner was a beautiful experience. You seems to be out in the middle of nowhere but there are many interesting villages and sights within 15-30 minutes. During their shuttered season they are adding a few more rooms and a new spa. I hope we can return to see it. If you are in Tuscany don't miss stopping here. You won't find any better.

Room Tip: The two less expensive rooms are just a wonderful as the larger rooms so if the larger rooms are not...
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Words cannot describe how amazing and magical this place is. The property is stunningly gorgeous, the service is 1st rate, and the location is something out of a postcard. The grounds are beautiful and so tranquil that you feel as if you're in a fairy tale land. The service is insanely good and the food is off the charts. A big thanks to Lorenzo, GianLuca and Tania for making our stay especially special. We stayed in the La Mora garden suite and it was heaven.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I just returned from BSP, to say it was incredible is not enough. The property is remarkable, the main house is gorgeous, and the service was impeccable. We have to mention some of the staff, Lorenzo, Nick and Jarno. These three gentlemen were AMAZING! They went above and beyond our expectations, we really enjoyed spending time with them.

If you are considering a trip to this enchanting place, you will not be disappointed:) BELLISIMO!

THE JENSEN'S

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chiusdino
Castello di Casole Private Estate & Spa
Castello Banfi - Il Borgo
Castello Banfi - Il Borgo
#1 of 17 in Montalcino
Rosewood Castiglion Del Bosco
Castello di Velona Resort, Thermal Spa & Winery
Castello di Velona Resort, Therm...
#1 of 1 in Castelnuovo dell'Abate
Relais La Suvera
Relais La Suvera
#1 of 1 in Pievescola
Hotel Le Fontanelle
Hotel Le Fontanelle
#1 of 1 in Pianella

Been to Borgo Santo Pietro? Share your experiences!