“Very good food”
Review of Poggio Rosso

Poggio Rosso
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Concept of our restaurant is to combine the traditional tuscan kitchen with the fantasy and the gastronomic mastery of our Starred Chef Francesco Bracali. Meat and vegetables are the focus of our kitchen, and we prepare our dishes with typical and esteemed ingredients: pink chickpeas from Reggello, saffron from San Gimignano, onions from Certaldo, steaks from Agricola San Felice Farm. Our guests can pick a tasting wine from our wine list, witch is particularly rich of Tuscan and Italian esteemed wines. The room and the service will satisfy a demanding clientele. The Poggio Rosso Restaurant, closed to two ancient chapels, is also an ideal location for classy weddings and ceremonies. Come and visit us in the heart of Chianti Classico.
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were staying at the hotel,and arranged to eat here on our first night whilst we got to know the area. The food and service are very good and it is well worth dining her if you are in the area, however it is not cheap

Achille D, Direttore generale at Poggio Rosso, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for leaving your feedback about our Poggio Rosso restaurant.
We look forward to having you back,

Reviewed June 24, 2014

The food in general was ok, even though nothing special, but the staff is not very proffesional. A lot of improvement to be done!!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Beautiful restaurant in the enchanting Borgo San Felice setting. Fine dining in the country at its best.

Achille D, Direttore generale at Poggio Rosso, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for sharing your positive dining experience on Trip Advisor.
I am happy to read that you appreciated the dinner itself and the setting.

We look forward to having you once again at the Poggio Rosso,

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I was doubly disappointed with Poggio Rosso because I had such high hopes for a great meal. Service was not just relaxed or slow, it seemed we had been forgotten. Food quality was good, and the wines chosen for us by the restaurant were fine, but the pairings were a disaster. I am still stumped how the decisions could have been made for the combinations that were offered. The main disappointment was the arrogant attitude of two of the more senior staff in the wine shop and at the restaurant. The setting is incredibly beautiful, which is a big help when you are wandering around trying to find your way, or staring out of the window while waiting for dinner to arrive.

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for sharing your dining experience at the Poggio Rosso restaurant.

I am deeply sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations and I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding between you and my associates in the wine shop.
Though I am a bit surprised about your comment saying they have been arrogant as one of our forte, as you may ascertain from the previous comments, is the service which has always been judged positively.

The philosophy of a gourmet restaurant is to thrive on the interest of the clients and their enjoyment of the Chef’s creations.

I would really love to discuss about this matter with you personally; I remain at your complete disposal,

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Extensive wine list that should keep everyone happy. The chef is excellent, her presentation was outstanding. Taste was excellent . Service staff were perfect.

Dear Guest,

thank you for the positive comment.

I am happy to read that you had a wonderful dining experience in our Poggio Rosso restaurant.

I have forwarded this note to our restaurant team, who looks forward to serving you again,

All my best regards,