Villa Curina Resort
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I did a lot of research prior to booking this villa, and I am glad I found this! First of all, let. Me say that" finding it" was an experience in it self. Do. Not rely on GPS, Mapquest and certainly not maps. Roads are not well marked and confusing. Looking back, I wish I just got directions from the owners. Mind you, getting lost is not the worse thing. The vistas just continue to amaze.
We did arrive late and although the kitchen was closed, the owner had them prepare us a late night snack of fresh antipasti , accommodating my vegatarian request.
Our villa was a suite, with a lovely sitting room and canopy bed. It over- looked the country side and Siena in the background. The bathroom was on the small side, but not unusual for our entire trip in Italy. Very happy with our beautiful room.
The food at the restaurant was fresh, carefully thought out with attention to detail. They emphasize using in-season ingredients. The owner, Andrea, made excellent suggestions for food as well as wine. He obvious has personal pride and care in both the villa and restaurant. He offered to show us his wine cellar and explained his collection. By the way, we ended up purchasing several bottles.
We did day trips to Montepulciana, Siena, and Castle Di Brolio.
I would highly recommend this lovely villa in the heart of Tuscany to anyone.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank mmkathnp

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed three nights and had the most amazing time. The setting, views, and buildings were unbelievable...exactly like we imagined and hoped Tuscany would be. The rooms were spacious and immaculate. The staff was gracious and extremely helpful. The owner went out of his way to guide us, made arrangements for us, and did all he could do to ensure our stay was what we wanted it to be. Their restaurant, Il Convito di Curina, was absolutely amazing...best food we had in Italy. We could not have asked for more.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We arrived at this beautiful, authentic Tuscan villa and felt right at home. It was what we were hoping for--only better. We were warmly greeted by the helpful staff. The rooms are charming, comfortable and quiet with the modern amenities we wanted. The grounds offer various patios, a pool and fantastic views of the Tuscan countryside. Its' perfect location is 20 minutes from Siena along a windy road. They offer a delicious breakfast but the incredible dinners at their restaurant on the premises (Il Convitodi Curina) were the best meals we've eaten in Italy. The proprietor led us through two amazing dinners with his advice and delightful conversation. And he helped us with how to spend a perfect day in the local area.

We will be recommending Villa Curina to all our friends. We hope to return there and enjoy the Tuscan countryside and its delicous restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Donna W
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Stayed here for a few nights on a Backroads organized bike trip. What an incredibly special and beautiful place. I miss it very much as I am writing this. Beautiful Tuscan countryside setting, great room (in one of the front buildings) and delicious dinner at the restaurant. Special, special.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Our friends hosted their wedding guests here and it did not disappoint. We had the whole villa to ourselves and the staff was extremely accommodating and nice. The views were breathtaking and our room was enormous (huge ceilings and delightful balcony). There's parking across the street and it's close to Castlenuovo Berardenga and Sienna (in fact, the Sienna city bus stops right in front of the villa). Would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We made an impromptu trip to Italy this May and had dreamed for years of seeing Sienna. With less than 2 weeks to plan, we knew we wanted to hit the Sienna region but didn't really know where to start. So, after scanning lots of reviews online, looking for a Villa close to Sienna with a pool and Tuscan style furnishings, we settled on Villa Curina. It was significantly less expensive than some of the really expensive famous ones, a little more than others, and it turned out to be PERFECT!

As we drove from Florence with two sets of directions and a GPS machine (all telling us slightly different directions), we began to worry a bit, as we wound through the hills. After driving the area, over a few days, we realized there were so many different routes, that any of those we had probably would've taken us there eventually.

Anyway, when we arrived, we were immediately taken into another world. It was not only beautiful but timeless with amazing details: rod iron mini tables setup overlooking the valley, opening windows and doors overlooking the pool and the valley, antique furnishings. And it was quiet, even though it sits next to the winding road. A 20 minute drive from Sienna, it was the perfect location.

I will also say that the food was amazing. I was expecting a continental style included breakfast, but it was a VERY complete and filing breakfast, typically filling us up until dinner, which was also amazing. We ate two nights at the on-site restaurant on covered patio overlooking the valley at sunset. The food was maybe the best we had in all of Italy, and the proprietor was so fun to chat with about food, Italy, etc. My mouth's watering as I type and think about it.

While the rooms were not "fancy" by Western hotel standards (super large beds and bathrooms), they were certainly comfortable and in keeping with the style of the Tuscan architecture. And, did I mention the views? You felt like it was your own villa. While I loved the site seeing, including some of the off the beaten towns the owner recommended, next time I'd make sure to have more down time to read by the beautifully landscaped garden and pool area. Villa Curina, we're sending all our friends, and hope to see you again!

Room Tip: Request the room that has doors opening from the bedroom over the pool and a bathroom overlooking th...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2011

The Villa Curina was the perfect dream come true. We had a car and the Villa Curina was the center of all the action. Siena was 20 minutes, San Gimignano 1 hour, Montalcino 1 hour, Montelpulciano 1 hour, etc. The town of Castelnuovo Berardenga 6 minutes had great restaurants. We ate at the hotel restaurant one evening. Food was amazing, pricey, but worth it. Our room was incredible, it faced the hill side and when the women opened the shutters to show us the view all the way to Siena, tears came to my eyes, it was everything I dreamed it Tuscany would be. I can't say enough about this place except that we took more photos of the Villa Curina landscape and our room then some of the towns we visited. To find the resort which is really a Villa, the trick is to set your GPS for SP62, Curina and turn for signs for Curina. The Villa is NOT in Castelnuovo Berardenga exactly. Curina SP62 I believe it was mile marker 6. I fantasy dream come true at Villa Curina. The staff spoke english and were very helpful. I wish I was there right now!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Hotel Le Fontanelle
Hotel Le Fontanelle
#1 of 1 in Pianella
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti
Hotel Santa Caterina
Hotel Santa Caterina
#6 of 40 in Siena

Been to Villa Curina Resort? Share your experiences!