“Awesome Cooking Class & Cooks”

Cooking Classes with Nonna Ciana
More attraction details
Owner description: At the farmhouse "Le Pietre Vive di Montaperti" cooking classes are available. Nonna Ciana, will teach you how to prepare typical Italian dishes, such as fresh homemade pasta (tagliatelle, tagliolini, pappardelle...)gnocchi 8potato dumplings), escalopes and surprise cakes, etc. At the end of this experience, you will eat together with Nonna Ciana all what prepared.
San Diego, California
“Awesome Cooking Class & Cooks”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary and my 30th Birthday! We actually stayed at the properties sister castle, Quatro Torre Castle, and then signed up for the cooking class. It was so much fun! Not only was Nonna Ciana an amazing cook and teacher, she was funny and warm, so that we really felt like she was our Italian grandmother! Heather was great for translations and even adding her own tips! Max drove us, but more importantly help make the whole event run smoothly... refilling our wine glasses :), dishes etc.!

We can't say enough good things about this class, the people putting it on and the amazing food! I love the Vin Santo Chicken!

Love, Ryan & Jessica Miller, San Diego, CA USA

Visited September 2013
NickMontaperti, Proprietario at Cooking Classes with Nonna Ciana, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you so much for the lovely review, and happy you enjoyed the cooking class.

Warm regards
Nicola

Charlotte, North Carolina
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Such a Fun Night!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Nonna Ciana and Caterina are hilarious! They are a great team and make learning the fine art of Italian cooking easy, almost! There were four couples in the class, and we all had a great time. I would definitely recommend this for any couple that enjoys cooking, eating, and wine!

1 Thank Darci M
NickMontaperti, Proprietario at Cooking Classes with Nonna Ciana, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you allot chefs!

See you next time with a new menu!

All my best
Nyc
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highly recommend!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful evening at the cooking class with nonna ciana and her translator Heather! We met some great people, ate a lot of awesome food, drank a ton of wine and had a lot of laughs. We had so much fun rolling out the homemade pasta! Heather promptly followed up with us and emailed out all the recipes we learned. I would highly recommend this to everyone visiting Siena. For an additional fee they even pick you up and drop you off at your hotel. I wish we could go back right now!

Thank you chefs!
Really appreciate the review.

Warm regards
Kirkland, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great experience, not to be missed.”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

This was a great way to balance out our trip to Italy. After surviving the hustle bustle of Florence for three days it was great to go to a beautiful Tuscan Villa and take a cooking class with Nonna Ciana. Nonna and her translater Heather provided a great experience for me and my husband. We really learned a lot and I thought I was a fairly accomplished cook, but realized there were many tricks to good, simple food that I didn't know. This is a great way to really experience Tuscany without going on a tour.

Visited September 2013
Thank you for the nice review.
All my best.
Nassau, New Providence Island
“If you like to cook, this is a must-do.”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

If you ever dreamed of having an Italian grandmother tell you all of her cooking secrets then this is the class for you. Nonna Ciana and her translatior Nicole were there every step of the way explaining what to do and how to do it so that you are able to make a perfectly timed and incredibly delicious Italian family dinner. The environment is comfortable, set in Nonna Ciana's very own kitchen. There is more wine than you can drink and more food than you can eat - a truly delightful experience and one that I will do again when I come back. A definite must-do for those who love to cook or for those wanting soemthing authentic and off the beaten path.

Thank you great chefs.