San Felice is a 'keeper'. I will never go to Tuscany again without staying there. This exceedingly charming hamlet of 46 rooms and suites is idyllic from first glance. Tiny pebble stone lanes are lined with large terra cotta pots dripping with geraniums and plumbago. Roses scream with color, and their scents fill the air. Vines are spare and artfully maintained; two tiny churches chime the hour; and our sunny suite is designed for sophisticated comfort.
Attention to detail here is unparalleled, every view is enchanting, window boxes overflow; and the sunset views of Siena can be breathtaking. An excellent friendly and unobtrusive staff treat their new guests with the same sweetness as those who have obviously been there often. Pleasantly responding to and anticipating every possible need they promote relaxation. Dario Iaquinto in particular did a great job of coddling us.
The Relais chef elegantly presents an array of high quality menus. Perhaps a bit pricey and pretentious; but I had an ethereal saffrom risotto for a by the pool lunch which I will never forget.
Borgo San Felice offers a truly unforgettable vacation in an extraordinarily beautiful and interesting part of Chianti,and would be perfect for a destination wedding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Felice is a medieval hamlet with rural architecture typical for the Chianti, nestling amidst vineyards and olive groves that cover the hills sloping gently towards the picturesque city of Siena. Today San Felice is a five star hotel, part of the prestigious international chain Relais & Chateaux. Situated in the heart of Tuscany in Chianti Classico, San Felice is only ½ hour driving distance to reach the art centres as Siena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Borgo San Felice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Borgo San Felice Hotel
- Hotel Borgo San Felice Italy/Castelnuovo Berardenga, Province Of Siena