If you are looking for a relaxing time with beautiful surroundings, stunning scenery, fabulous food & wine, excellent service ... the list goes on - then you have found the perfect place in Borgo San Felice. Absolutely stunning! We arrived on the Monday evening with the intention of staying 2 nights before departing for Rome, however 2 nigths became 3 which would have become 4, only for our flight on the Friday! The staff were wonderful and whom we got to know during our stay were not only very professional always providing excellent service but were also able to enjoy the 'craic' (Livio & Marie Eve in particular!)
I had arranged our trip as a Christmas present to my husband as he enjoys his red wine - we can certianly recommend the 2004 Puggio Rosso ( a suggestion of their Wine Waiter - sublime! The food was amazing, with some dishes nothing short of art on a plate (the sugar sphere filled with a light mascarpone cream and fresh strawberries!) - how i want to be back there now just thinking about it! I Can also recommend the asparagus cream with lobster tails and black ink sauce - divine! We were lucky enough to have a peek in the kitchen run by Head Chef Luca, as having a hotel & restaurant of our own we could appreciate! From 6pm daily, we are treated to the beautiful sounds of the grand piano played by resident pianist Aldo, truly accomplished in his profession, both in the Bar and then onto the Restaurant with many a request fulfilled.
During the day, we whiled our time away wandering down the narrow streets of the hamlet which comprises the estate enjoying the beautiful old buildings full of character & charm, around the Square viewing the Church and the 14th C Chapel, enjoying the offerings of the wine shop followed by lazing by the pool and enjoying yet more food & wine!
I could go on & on, but you must go and visit yourself to truly understand how beautiful this place is! The General Manager Achille along with all the staff will be on hand to ensure stay is nothing short of perfect!
We will definitely be returning and much sooner rather than later! Thank you to all the staff who made our stay so wonderfully enjoyable - Borgo San Felice really is 'heaven on earth' and is worthy of every accreditation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Felice is a medieval hamlet with rural architecture typical for the Chianti, nestling amidst vineyards and olive groves that cover the hills sloping gently towards the picturesque city of Siena. Today San Felice is a five star hotel, part of the prestigious international chain Relais & Chateaux. Situated in the heart of Tuscany in Chianti Classico, San Felice is only ½ hour driving distance to reach the art centres as Siena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Borgo San Felice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Borgo San Felice Hotel
- Hotel Borgo San Felice Italy/Castelnuovo Berardenga, Province Of Siena