As the hotel is new, and October is not a very touristic month, it appeared that we had basically the whole castle for our own, with just a few more guests in the hotel. The Castel appeared to be trully fantastic, romantic place with superb spacy rooms, huge beautiful territory with fields of grapes all around. Gordon Ramsys restaurant is gastronomic heaven, really worth spending there a few evenings. But it is service that made this vacation so special. Right at the arrival we were given a higher category room (I know there were not a lot of guests, but still a great move). All week long during our stay at this beautiful place the staff did all to make it unforgettable, everyone was very helpful and willing to meet our needs. In both restaurants we had no problem ordering various dishes that we'd like to try, which were not on the menu.
Special thanks for treating our little dog that travelled with us. This is the first place where they treat pets so fantastic.
Overall this is definitely one of our favourite hotels now, and we plan to visit it again next year. A great spot to relax, plus easy to reach most of well known Toscan touristic spots like Siena, San Gimignano and huge amount of wineries, castles, monasteries, factory outlets (for those seeking great shopping).
With finishing two indoor pools next year (so far just three open-air pools) this place will definitely be a top of the notch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While painters are born, travellers are made and no land has aroused the curiosity, the enthusiasm and the culture of entire generations more than Tuscany. Certainly, not all of them have had the luck to begin their journey in the enchantment of Castel Monastero. In fact a few kilometres from our village, along roads of pure delight, can be found masterpieces of art and of the highest culinary tradition.Every day, a discovery. Every day a different itinerary passing through unspoiled scenery. Every day, on your return, a massage and a candle-lit dinner. And together, over a romantic meal for two or with your friends, you will recall the frescoes of Piero della Francesca and the perfect walls of Monteriggioni, the Renaissance utopia of Pienza and the gastronomic glory of Castellina in Chianti. And again, to surprise you, there’ll be a sunset over Pitigliano and a stroll around the Etruscan necropolises of Sovana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Castel Monastero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castel Monastero Hotel Castelnuovo Berardenga
- Castel Monastero Italy/Castelnuovo Berardenga, Province Of Siena