This is a stunning property at Monastero d'Ombrone and bears all the hallmarks of the Leading Hotels of the World group.
The complex is actually very large and some of the blocks are quite a long walk from the main "square" so if mobility is an issue you need to discuss this with the hotel in advance.
There are large meeting rooms and two restaurants in the main block. The spa complex (which is magnificent) is some walk from the main hotel blocks and the paths were quite slippery.
I stayed in Room 1 in the "Giallo" block - an enormous room for one person with a very large bathroom and sitting room. This was a junior suite and it would be extremely hard to fault othet than perhaps a little more lighting would be nice. The room is on the ground floor of a remote block which was a few minutes walk from reception. There is an external pathway adjacent to the room so it was necessary to keep the curtains closed to avoid anybody looking in.
This is clearly a property of the highest standard and for that reason i was a little disappointed with the Tuscan restaurant. Whilst accepting the principles the cooking was not so good and probably too rustic at this level of establishment. The meal served to our small group did not do the kitchen justice. Breakfast, however, was a much better affair with a splendid choice.
For couple wanting a relaxing and romantic stay this could be the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While painters are born, travellers are made and no land has aroused the curiosity, the enthusiasm and the culture of entire generations more than Tuscany. Certainly, not all of them have had the luck to begin their journey in the enchantment of Castel Monastero. In fact a few kilometres from our village, along roads of pure delight, can be found masterpieces of art and of the highest culinary tradition.Every day, a discovery. Every day a different itinerary passing through unspoiled scenery. Every day, on your return, a massage and a candle-lit dinner. And together, over a romantic meal for two or with your friends, you will recall the frescoes of Piero della Francesca and the perfect walls of Monteriggioni, the Renaissance utopia of Pienza and the gastronomic glory of Castellina in Chianti. And again, to surprise you, there’ll be a sunset over Pitigliano and a stroll around the Etruscan necropolises of Sovana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Castel Monastero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castel Monastero Hotel Castelnuovo Berardenga
- Castel Monastero Italy/Castelnuovo Berardenga, Province Of Siena