It is not often that one has an opportunity to visit a place as magical as Castel Monastero. This last week, for our 29th wedding anniversary, my husband and I traveled from the US to Italy. Our first stop was Castel Monastero, a tranquil, nurturing oasis reminiscent of Napa Valley, a region of the US we know and love.
I would like to thank the staff who took such tremendous care of us:
Anna and Dada, who made sure we arrived safely, arranged a wine tasting, and provided explicit directions to all the places we wanted to visit.
Francesca, who greeted us with cappuccinos every morning, and took the time to learn our tastes and preferences. She never stopped smiling.
The Cantina staff who taught us about the nuances of Tuscan food and provided service that rivals the finest restaurants.
The cleaning staff who hung up our clothes after we had failed to do that ourselves, and the man who parked our car (and found my lost earring).
We recommend Castel Monastero to anyone who visits this special part of the world. It truly is a magical place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While painters are born, travellers are made and no land has aroused the curiosity, the enthusiasm and the culture of entire generations more than Tuscany. Certainly, not all of them have had the luck to begin their journey in the enchantment of Castel Monastero. In fact a few kilometres from our village, along roads of pure delight, can be found masterpieces of art and of the highest culinary tradition.Every day, a discovery. Every day a different itinerary passing through unspoiled scenery. Every day, on your return, a massage and a candle-lit dinner. And together, over a romantic meal for two or with your friends, you will recall the frescoes of Piero della Francesca and the perfect walls of Monteriggioni, the Renaissance utopia of Pienza and the gastronomic glory of Castellina in Chianti. And again, to surprise you, there’ll be a sunset over Pitigliano and a stroll around the Etruscan necropolises of Sovana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Castel Monastero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castel Monastero Hotel Castelnuovo Berardenga
- Castel Monastero Italy/Castelnuovo Berardenga, Province Of Siena