We recently stayed here for part of a tour around Italy. The location and surroundings are beautiful as are the furnishings, artwork and interiors. The rooms also beautiful with peace & quiet for a wonderful nights sleep. We were let down by poor service a few times which did put a negative side on our review for example we were told by 3 separate members of staff we had to pay for the use of the spa eventhough I said our travel agent had told us it was included and made to feel rather embarrassed by the way it was translated as if we were trying to get something free! After emailing our agent in UK we received an apology saying the use of spa was actually included! As I thought!!
The spa has lovely sauna and steam room but some of the jets weren't working in the main indoor pool and the seats are probably the most uncomfortable spa seats we've ever experienced... Like wooden slatted moulded chairs so they could do with some loungers or cushioned chairs to lie on perhaps?
The cocktail bar man was wonderful and the housekeeping staff and particularly the breakfast staff led by Francesca. Superb level of service and simply delicious choice too.
Be warned when checking out that extras aren't added onto your bill as ours was too!
All in all a stunning setting to experience the local area and some fantastic restaurants in villages close by... Be sure to eat in the Osteria in Buccine village.
In summary we feel for even lower standards of hotels we have experienced far better service so may be an area for them to improve upon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While painters are born, travellers are made and no land has aroused the curiosity, the enthusiasm and the culture of entire generations more than Tuscany. Certainly, not all of them have had the luck to begin their journey in the enchantment of Castel Monastero. In fact a few kilometres from our village, along roads of pure delight, can be found masterpieces of art and of the highest culinary tradition.Every day, a discovery. Every day a different itinerary passing through unspoiled scenery. Every day, on your return, a massage and a candle-lit dinner. And together, over a romantic meal for two or with your friends, you will recall the frescoes of Piero della Francesca and the perfect walls of Monteriggioni, the Renaissance utopia of Pienza and the gastronomic glory of Castellina in Chianti. And again, to surprise you, there’ll be a sunset over Pitigliano and a stroll around the Etruscan necropolises of Sovana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Castel Monastero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castel Monastero Hotel Castelnuovo Berardenga
- Castel Monastero Italy/Castelnuovo Berardenga, Province Of Siena