This was our last stop on our trip through Tuscany and it did not disappoint. When you enter the gates, you really feel like you are in a place separated from the rest of the world. Sitting in the pool with a cold crisp chardonnay wine from the Estate's winery with nothing but silence and the countryside before you was a highlight of the trip. We could not wait to get back from a day of touring to relax there. The breakfast is set up in a little piazza and the buffet and cooked food was fantastic. Try their poached eggs. We ate in the cantina one night and the pasta and wine was superb and I can honestly say that their pork belly with radichhio was one of the best dishes we had on our trip. The rooms are spacious and modern, the bathrooms great. They also give you a special touch by leaving you a complimentary bottle of one of their red and white wines. The hotel is close to Siena and is convenient to go to Cortona and the Chianti road. My only regret is that we did not use the spa. I wish I was there now!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While painters are born, travellers are made and no land has aroused the curiosity, the enthusiasm and the culture of entire generations more than Tuscany. Certainly, not all of them have had the luck to begin their journey in the enchantment of Castel Monastero. In fact a few kilometres from our village, along roads of pure delight, can be found masterpieces of art and of the highest culinary tradition.Every day, a discovery. Every day a different itinerary passing through unspoiled scenery. Every day, on your return, a massage and a candle-lit dinner. And together, over a romantic meal for two or with your friends, you will recall the frescoes of Piero della Francesca and the perfect walls of Monteriggioni, the Renaissance utopia of Pienza and the gastronomic glory of Castellina in Chianti. And again, to surprise you, there’ll be a sunset over Pitigliano and a stroll around the Etruscan necropolises of Sovana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Castel Monastero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castel Monastero Hotel Castelnuovo Berardenga
- Castel Monastero Italy/Castelnuovo Berardenga, Province Of Siena