“Pricey but excellent food”
Review of Salmoriglio

Salmoriglio
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Extremely good food with quite e few dishes recommended by Slow Food. The price is 50% higher than most other restaurants in the area, but the quality is worth the money.

We were visiting Sicily a bit out of season (end of May) and we have the habit to have dinner early. As a result the restaurant was almost empty when we tried it. The service was not bad, although you would expect better from such a restaurant.
It took a while before we got our food. In the mean time we were offered some local olives. But when the food arrived it was simply exceptional!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We ate at this lovely friendly trattoria, with friends who.live locally. It was simply superb! The freshest seafood imaginable, prepared with love and attention in authentic Sicilian style. The antipasti served to us were stunning with generous portions. Very friendly and welcoming hosts making you feel right at home. Great wine selection. worth every penny. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Simply Great, spaghetti vongole e ricci di mare highly recommended.
Prices are fair, nice environment.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The 5th of September 2012 my wife and me had dinner at Salmoriglio. We followed recommendations from Tripadvisor and it was an excellent dinner, in fact the best in the 15 days travelling through Sicily. Other days we had crudites but none as this one (Rizzi meat, seafood and caviar). Being from Spain where it is not difficult to find good seafood, I must say that this fabulous dish has been the best until now. My congratulations to both brothers who rule the restaurant and were so nice to us explaining why they had such a good product.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We decided to eat here on a busy Saturday night and in the summer I def recommend making reservations, which we did the same night a few hours before. The restaurant is probably the most expensive in Porto Empedocle but well worth every penny.
The service was great and food and presentation was exceptional. My husband ordered an appetizer of mixed raw fish and for the main course he got a mixed grilled fix platter. I started with fresh pasta with shrimp and pistachio pesto and for the main course I got veal. Our mouths water with the thought of this meal! We ordered a bottle of local white wine which was a mixed blend, which we highly recommend. The best thing that we tried that we even took a picture of was the olive oil. Everything was so fresh and great.
We paid $114, but well worth every penny for the quality, service, food, and presentation. If we ever go back to Sicily I would def eat here again.