“HALLO!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Thank you.....thank you.....thank you,and again thank you!!!!!!
The food it was perfect,the service......5 stars.....elegant.....the waiter it.s was careful,sweet and funky!!!! Thank you so much!!!
i hope we are comeback soon!!! Greethings!! Mark from Holland

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Initially this seemed a nice place, however I feel the restaurant is trying to be something it is not. You feel it is going to be a gastronomic delight from the menu but the chefs skills far from met with my expectations. Some of my fellow diners food was good some wasn't. Undercooked prawns and a veal, turkey and pork 'burger' that tasted off really failed to impress! The waiting staff were also somewhat snooty. Much better meals to be had in the area.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We visited Il Cantuccio on a busy Saturday evening. The service was very professional and the food was good but not exceptional. For the price, there are many other restaurants in town that give a better quality plate of food.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had dinner at Cantuccio in June 2013. The owner was very welcoming and knowledgeable about the food and wines. He suggested some good appetizers. Main dishes were very good but I had expected more for the price they were asking. Wines were excellent, ask the owner for suggestions and explanations. Remember Noto is very close to Avola where the "Nero d' Avola" is produced.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We were recommended Cantuccio by our hotel who had recommended the excellent Croce Fisso and I cannot understand how anyone could recommend both.
Despite some of the outside garden pictures featured on other reviews on trip adviser when we dined on a warm 2nd May everyone was dining inside a arched ceiling room which plain walls. The restaurant itself lacked any ambiance and would have benefited from some background music.
We were presented with a very badly translated menu in English which did not make the found sound appetising - cheese of sheep feature a lot. I wish we had left at this point but we were just amused and presumed that the food would exceed the first impressions. How wrong we were to be proved.
My first course could only be described as a ricotta lasagna and although presented quite well was bland and tasted like a supermarket microwave meal. Mr partner had gnocci which was served in a semi soup of pesto and which even with his lack of culinary skills was something that he said he could have prepared better at home.
We then both had beautifully presented sea bass fillets which were filleted, stuffed with ground pistaccios and delicately tied back together. They were served with fennel and spinach which were the wrong side of warm. This dish was really quite bland.
We decided to cut our losses and skipped pudding and coffee. The bill still came to €81.50 rounded down by the management to €80. For the first time in some years we declined to leave a tip. We felt we had wasted an evening and €80 was hugely overpriced for quite poor food. This was in stark contrast to the €95 we paid last night at Croce Fisso.
I wouldn't recommend going and I am surprised by some of the previous reviews. I simply fail to see how this restaurant has survived.