We have just returned from a most enjoyable stay at the Acacia Resort. We hired a car and drove down from the airport at Catania and when we couldn't find the hotel, we phoned them and a most helpful person at reception gave us good directions in excellent English and we were able to locate it. Throughout our stay we found the staff to be helpful, friendly and very attentive.
The hotel is beautifully landscaped with all available space including the roofs planted with a variety of flowers and succulents and we were able to observe at very close quarters swallows feeding heir young.
The hotel never seemed crowded even though it was peak holiday time and we always managed to get a sunbed as there were plenty and nobody got up early to reserve them. (The hotel has notices asking people not to reserve sun loungers.)
A lawn equipped with a football/ volleyball area, a children's play area, open area film area and some exercise challenges for adults leads on to a sandy/pebbly beach with an arched bridge leading over the pebbly part of the sea into a sandier part. The sea is wonderful, warm and slightly wavy.
We enjoyed all our meals particularly the Sicilian Evening when we were able to sample a wide variety of Siciliiian dishes. The fact that we both put on half a stone [s testimony to the quality and quantity of the food.! Our only disappointment here was the lack of a decent Italian coffee.
Our room was well equipped and well cleaned and a problem with th air con. was sorted out promptly but the lift was frequently not working and sometimes,particularly after a day walking and climbing steps the last thing you want to do is climb up three flights of stairs to your room.
I'm really glad we chose to stay at this resort but would highly recommend hiring a car if you enjoy expolring the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern, elegant and comfortable 4 star hotel is located on a pristine beach between Palermo and Cefalù. This stunning location is also known as the Madonie's Park Gate. Set in over 40,000 m² of gardens, it features an extra-large swimming pool, private beach, and sports facilities surrounded by lush green and tropical plants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your Acacia Resort Parco dei Leoni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acacia Resort Parco Dei Leoni Hotel Campofelice Di Roccella
- Acacia Hotel Campofelice Di Roccella
- Acacia Hotel Parco Dei Leoni
- Acacia Resort Parco Dei Leoni Sicily/Campofelice Di Roccella, Province Of Palermo