“Professional, friendly scuba diving school”

Funny Diving School
Toffia (Rome, Sabina, Italy)
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Professional, friendly scuba diving school”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I had not scuba dived in about 15 years and found that Paolo and his Funny Diving School provided exactly what I was looking for: He offered an introductory dive followed by a boat dive in a very beautiful part of Sardinia. Paolo was professional from the first contact I made with him. He and his diving school operate from Camping Marina, in the area of Bari Sardo, right on the beach. I was staying in a nearby camper site so he offered to collect me for my dive with his school. We arranged an introductory dive (to refresh my memory on the safety proceedures necessary under water) and Paolo calmly took me through each step as we took took a beach dive. The water was very clear and calm and the experience for my first re-introductory dive was positive. The next day Paolo joined me into a group to go for a boat dive off a nearby bay off Arbatax. Again I was picked up, this time from the beach, in his boat with all the other divers already equiped. I did not have to bring any diving equipment with me as they provided everything. I found the other members of Paolo's diving school as friendly and professional at all times.
The second boat dive, the following day, was absolutely spectacular and although I have dived (many years ago) the Great Barrier Reef and in the Red Sea, I found this dive equally interesting as it offered other types of fish and sea life that I had not yet seen. The visibility was good and we dived for about 50 minutes. Paolo dived with us so he could show us (if we wanted to stay close by) all the best underwater sealife and hidden treasures.
After the dive I was dropped off again on the beach of our camper site and the others where taken back to the Diving School in the nearby bay.
This dive and the whole experience was positive and I would highly recommend Paolo, Marco and his Funny Diving School to anyone that was thinking of diving in Sardinia.

Visited July 2012