“bad service and mediocre food” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Pignata

La Pignata
Ranked #16 of 129 Restaurants in Otranto
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
UAE
“bad service and mediocre food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

What a mistake. I couldn’t access tripadvisor before setting out for a night in Otranto – and I regretted it! We ended up at La Pignata and it managed to ruin our only night in Otranto. The service was utterly slow. I had no problem waiting 10-15 minutes for a table. But then we waited 20 minutes to even order – even though the server went by our table umpteen times. Then it took about 40 minutes to get our food (thank goodness we only ordered one course): baked fish and fettucine with frutta di mare. When I got my pasta – the cozze were cold and most of the seafood was tasteless. It wasn't particularly busy - there were only 5 tables in our section - so I'm not sure why it was so slow and food so bad. When I think what we paid - and compare it to our incredible experience at Le Stanzie - this place is just not worth it.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Kassel, Germany
“4 times great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We have been 4 times in this cute little restaurant during our stay in Otranto, always choosing something different: pasta prepared in the local ways with strong cheese or sea urchins, fish in a salt crust, steak with mushrooms, sidedishes and antipasti, desserts,...and EVERYTHING was PERFECT, especially the fish! The team is very obliging and the service is great!

Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

I went to this restaurant as walking past (within the Centro Storico) I saw they had medals of merit. The prices were a little above average but it was worth it. In fact, as I was trying not to spend too much I decided to only have a pasta dish (the most expensive on the menu) Linguine with scallops and red prawns 15 euros - it was wonderful. I also had a quarto litre of vino rosato (rose) for 5 euro - a very good wine. It was so good that I went back the next evening and again, only had one course. I had fillet steak with mushroom sauce, a side salad and quarto of vino again - that was about 26 euros and the fillet cooked perfectly and better than quite a few streaks I have eaten in London. This is a great place for a romantic dinner but I ate her alone and felt very comfortable (single woman).

1 Thank kayejust