See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 13, 2018

We stayed her 1 night on our recent rip through Italy. The hotel lobby was impressive and the dining room was also very nice. The rooms were adequate, but dated. It looked like it was time for a do over. I was looking forward to the pool, but it was closed. All in all, it was an okay stay.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Lucio M, Direttore at Semiramide Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2018

Egr. Mr. Lummy,
thank you for your review. I am pleased that you have found the hotel and the services offered to your liking.
Wishing to see you again as a guest of the Semiramide Palace Hotel, best regards

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. Somewhat isolated location, therefore not much outside noise except for some barking dogs. Some noise from the hallway.
The room was spacious and clean, although decor was quite dated: dark carpeting and bedspread, old furniture.
The A/C cannot be adjusted from the room: you have to call the front desk every time you want it turned on or off, or adjusted - that's hard to believe for a 4-star hotel!
There was only one available power jack in the room.
Room amenities included a safe (did not use).
The bathroom was also dated, albeit functional: shower over tub with half shower door, minimal shelf space.
Wifi was slow.
Breakfast buffet with good selection, served on third floor with nice view.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Lucio M, Direttore at Semiramide Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Egr. Mr cqfp123
Thank you for your review.
The structure that you define dated actually is only 10 years old. Probably the technology has evolved since then and in fact a series of interventions are planned to adapt all our systems. Honestly it seems excessive to define small spaces inside the rooms, on the contrary, all our guests have always found very spacious. In any case, we will also take into consideration its criticism in order to improve and offer a service that is increasingly appreciated by our customers. Wishing to see you again as a guest at the Semiramide Palace Hotel, best regards.

Reviewed August 27, 2017

Our tour company called this hotel 4 star but it's not. I'd barely give it 3 stars. The room was comfortable enough with good a/c but mediocre WiFi and food. Our group felt totally isolated....never saw another guest in the hotel but ourselves.....though there were cars in the parking lot. And their first night included dinner was not well received by our group. The regional cheese and tomato salad was OK but the next course which consisted of only one snake-like curl of undercooked sausage fell flat. The dessert was unremarkable also. While the setting was elegant it was weird to not have any other diners in that large room at 8 pm. Was that too early for them? We spent 2 nights here but had no time to use the pool. Service was pleasant enough.

Room tip: 1st floor has view of a wall. Try to get higher.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marge C
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is highly recommended!

It is quiet, very clean and comfortable.The room is very spacious. The restaurant is with delicious food - both breakfast and dinner.For example you rarely see freshly grilled vegetables for breakfast, which the hotel offers.
Beds were very comfortable, compared to other places in Southern Italy.
Staff in reception was welcoming. Staff in the restaurant was also very kind.

The only thing that could be added to the room is place to put your wet bathrobes.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

I recently spent a week at the Semiramide Palace Hotel. The rooms are quite comfortable and spacious and overall clean. The staff is generally welcoming and accommodating, with the exception of one staffer, mentioned below. The breakfasts are quite good with a large variety of options to serve varying tastes. One problem I encountered was that the air conditioning can't be adjusted and it gradually creeps lower as the days go by. By the third day I was literally freezing in my room. When I found that it wasn't responding to my own efforts to raise the thermostat, I asked if it could be adjusted up a bit and was told by a particularly unhelpful staff member that it could not be adjusted: it had to be either on, or off. I had her turn it off for a day and then turn it back on when the weather heated up. I had several interactions with this staffer throughout the week and found that she was very reluctant to offer any more service than she felt necessary. She dragged her heels about anything that was asked of her. On our last day there we realized for various reasons that we needed to depart for the airport a half-hour sooner. We had already booked and paid for a car so I asked the front desk to contact the transport company and request an earlier pick-up. Unfortunately, the uncooperative staff member was working the desk that day and she reluctantly listened to my explanation and handed me the phone to call them myself. When I explained that I don't speak Italian and the transport company doesn't speak English, she reluctantly wrote down the requested time change but apparently never felt it necessary to call it in. What the time for our transport arrived, no driver showed up. He didn't arrive for another 40 minutes, which didn't allow time to do anything but check in and get on the plane. If given the occasion to stay at this hotel again, I would probably consider it because the rest of the staff was quite accommodating--but I would avoid asking the difficult one for any help whatsoever. I choose not to post her name in hopes that the hotel can deal with her confidentially. She was definitely not the type of service-oriented worker one would expect at a hotel of this caliber.

Date of stay: July 2017