“Touring Rome with Maurizio is the only way to go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Touring in Rome

Touring in Rome
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Touring in Rome has been providing day tours throughout Italy and shore excursions from Naples,Civitavecchia,Livorno ports of call since 1998.It offers highly professional services at very competitive rates.The staff of licensed drivers-guide is very knowledgeable about art history,and gives you a different tour about the usual sightseeing that you can find around.
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Touring Rome with Maurizio is the only way to go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I were on our honeymoon in Italy, and Rome was our last stop. We had no tour guide booked, but decided to check and see if one was available to show us around the city for the next day. Before we left my wife got some recommendations from an old friend of some restaurants and a tour guide that we must use in Rome. We got into Rome around 6pm and called the tour guide (Maurizio) and he was super friendly and his English was outstanding. We told Maurizio that we wanted a guided tour of the city, and lucky for us, he was able to give us a tour the very next day. The next day, right on time, Maurizio was waiting for us outside our hotel in his shiny black Mercedes van. The van was very spacious for the 2 of us (could fit about 6 passengers), and clean, which made the wife happy. Maurizio is not only very knowledgeable about Roman history, he is very proud to be Roman, and that makes for an even more magical tour. Maurizio knows all the ins and outs of the city, and makes it very easy for you to see the important sites by driving his car right up to almost every location you want to visit. He would park his car, show us around, and then we would head back to the air condition van to our next stop. Also, the best part of the day was when Maurizio took us to his friends restaurant just outside the city. I ate so much (despite Maurizio's warning) I fell asleep in the van after. When going to Rome, using Maurizio and his company are the only way to see the city. When my wife and I return, we will be calling Maurizio again to relive the great experience we have. If you book his services, I promise you will not be disappointed.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank spiwak711

• Polish first
New York City, New York
“Great day in Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our party of 5 were cruising the Med on the Carnival Breeze and stopped in Rome on September 22, 2012. Maurizio was already waiting for us when we disembarked. He knows the city extremely well and we were able to get very close to many attractions that a large tour bus wouldn't have been able to. The tour was very flexible and we were able to visit every site on our list without feeling rushed. We returned to the port with plenty of time to spare, extremely happy with our wonderful day. We would all recommend Maurizio and would contact him again the next time in Rome! Thanks again for a great day!

Visited September 2012
Roswell, Georgia
“Touring in Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

My wife and I have used this private car service on numerous occasions (at least 10) as we are frequent cruisers and do a repositioning transatlantic cruise annually. Many of our cruises embark from the city of Civitavecchia, the port for Rome. Maurizio, or one of his drivers, are always on time, helpful with the luggage and have clearly marked signs with our name on it as soon as we exit the secure area in the airport. Their vehicles, usually a van for us because of the amount of luggage we travel with, are fairly new and immaculately clean. Depending on our travel schedule, they will either take us from the airport directly to the ship or to our hotel in Rome. While I know they do day tours within the city, we generally manage on our own having been there on numerous occasions. However, when in Rome for several days, we get them to take us on day trips to the outskirts of Rome where there are numerous medieval cities to go to. If we originate a cruise other than Rome, and the ship makes a stop in Rome, we have them pick us at the port, usually with other couples, take us to medieval cities for the day including finding a local place to eat. It is much cheaper and better than a ship's expensive tour.

Visited October 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We came, we saw, we conquered!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

My friends and I went on a 12 day Mediterranean cruise in September.
The cruise line did not offer tours that allow us to visit all the major stops in Rome. So, we were grateful to find 'Touring in Rome' which met and exceeded our request to see all of Rome famous ruins and museums. Maurizio, our driver, was already waiting for us as we arrived to port.
He was very courteous and professional. Our transportation was a very spacious and clean Mercedes van. Maurizio was very knowledgable about the history and current events of Rome, he even quizzed us! (Not sure if we passed) We were able to visit the Circus Maximus (ancient chariot race site), Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Colosseum, and the Vatican!
There were intermittent rain showers, so we only drove by the Roman Forum and the Spanish Steps.
Gave us lots of insider tips: We would not know about the Fountain of the Lovers and that we could drink the water, if it wasn't for Maurizio. The water was surprisely cold and refreshing! He even gave us a good tip to avoid the long lines at the Vatican museum. This was very helpful, cause there's so much to see in the Vatican museum. Our main goal was to see the Sistine Chapel, which was amazing and so worth the trip! We also had time to check out the magnificent St. Peter's Basilica. It was truly a wonderful experience! Btw, we had time to eat pizza and buy souvenirs before heading back to our ship!
Rome was not built in one day, but my friends and I conquered it all in one day!!
Thanks Maurizio and Touring in Rome for the memories we will keep for a lifetime!!
-Grazie Mille!

1 Thank Lucky7baybee
Houston, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Remarkable Rome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

My friends and I were touring The Med on the Dave Koz Jazz Cruise. Rome was our second stop. Maurizio helped us coordinate our Roman adventure right from the start before we ever left the States for the trip. He helped us determine tour stops as we had both newbies and second or third time visitors to Rome. Maurizio helped keep things flexible on our tour as well so when we wanted to make a couple of small photo ops he easily fit that in for us. He coordinated a memorable lunch and made arrangements for a dedicated tour guide at the Vatican that allowed us more Q & A. We are still talking about what a spectacular day we had in Rome.

I would definitely recommend Maurizio, in fact, I have already handed Maurizio's card to my boss in preparation for his family trip next year.

Visited September 2012