“Simple, realistic, convenient”

Ranked #11 of 20 Lamezia Terme B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Simple, realistic, convenient”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed here for two nights. I feared the worst by the look of the outside but it was actually better than some Hostels I've stayed at. The room had a TV and a balcony and the hotel had wifi downstairs.
The staff were great and friendly, their English was okay and the older woman was typically Calabrian which added to the experience. Free Breakfast in the morning was a packet croissant and some juice which was great cause i didn't expect anything.
The downside was the shower....Clean but uncomfortable, feels like water goes everywhere because it's mainly a shower curtain. Definately not a place for a princess or snob. Expect hostel standards and you'll think this place isn't bad - apart from the shower.
Also i feel it was a little pricey for what it was.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
kilkenny, ireland
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night as we arrived into the airport late and were getting the train the next morning. After reading some of the reviews on here i was a bit weary of what to expect and was pleasantly surprised. For 45euro you get a basic hotel with a comfy bed, clean room, lots of channels on Tv and air conditioning was perfect. Right across from the train station with a few good pizzerias close by for food and a cute little bar for a drink. exactly what we were looking for. If you're looking for a 5 star hotel then book a 5 star hotel but if you are looking for a basic but clean and comfortable hotel with good customer service for a great price then book the piccolo hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Phnom Penh
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Well, in the past there have been a variety of views on this hotel. Not knowing I stayed here for just 1 night last week. But in one sentence: not worth it.
It's cleanish, but old and noisy, from traffic outside and from guests inside. It's more of an expansive crash pad ...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Lamezia Terme hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We were tricked into spending our last night in Calabria at this place; I cannot refer to it as a hotel, since it does not meet the criteria. Owner was abrupt and rude; no elevators; I did not even see any type of dining room or was not offered any breakfast. By the same token, I would not eat in this place. The building is located in a seedy part of the town across from the train station. Since we returned our rental car Friday afternoon because we had an early flight to Rome, we were somewhat stranded in this town. The room had really basic furniture; not very clean; the air conditioner is high on the wall and when we ran it, the air blows right over you in bed. We had a front street room which was noisy. Bathroom really basic; my brother's room had no shower stall; you just turn on an over-head tap, stand on a wooden platform, and shower. I have never in my life seen anything like it. Entire area not very impressive.

Room Tip: Don't get fooled by people offering you specials for room, and taxi service to the airport. It...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Good deal. Rooms ok, staff ok, location ok, prices ok. I found this hotel on the internet and I think I've been lucky, everithing ok. I couldn't find nothing better for that price! I've been a Piccolo with my family: my wife, my two doughters and our little dog. (they accept pets and it's wonderful for me!)... I suggest you to stay at Piccolo if you're in Lamezia.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Thomaswill
Palermo, Italy
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I'v been there for one night in a triple room.
I was doing a long travel by car nad needed a place were to sleep.
I booked online the room specifying I had a little dog with me, but the reception man was not aware of it. But no problem and the dog come with me into the room.
Is really a little hotel with basic furniture and commodities, but for my purpose was enough.
I appreciate air conditioning in my room, outside it was terrific hot.
I didn't try breakfast but it didn't looked gourgeous.
Not so near to highway as I supposed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank alebflower
Ireland
Reviewed February 21, 2008

The Piccolo Hotel is a small family run hotel with a great location.
It is a 10 minute taxi drive from Lamezia airport which is perfect as the flights with Ryanair from Standsted to Lamezia arrive at 9pm at night and the hotel is just a 10 minute drive from the airport which is great. There is also a bus service to and from the airport and it just cost 80 cent.
The hotel has 15 rooms and the rates are also good and breakfast is served downstairs. Tea/coffee/juice croissants & fruit. The family who run the hotel are very friendly and kind.
My room was fine, clean bed and slept well. The bathrooms are dated such as tiles and shower heads but all in all was able to have a shower and thats all that matters really.
There is a bar close by called "Mary's Bar" and they serve very good food there and the prices are very very reasonable in comparison to Ireland. A coffee/ cappuccino/espresso everywhere in Calabria only cost €1. The train station is just accross the road from the hotel and trains run on the hour every hour to any part or Calabria that you wish to visit and to other parts of Italy too! So if you do forget your driviers licence like I did there is no need for panic as there is transport available and the train fares are also very reasonable.
The hotel is a great base to start your travels in Calabria, it's simple and basic and reasonable but you will be taken care off.

• Liked — Great location
  • Disliked — Bathrooms need updating.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business