“Not a real grand hotel, but not so bad”

Grand Hotel Lamezia
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Lamezia Terme
Ferrara, Italy
“Not a real grand hotel, but not so bad”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Grand Hotel Lamezia is not the kind of Grand Hotel you may be used to see in Paris, Rome or New York. It is just a modern, clean and comfortable hotel in a small town in the south of Italy. Take this into account and you will be satisfied by it.

The hotel is located just in front of the train station so it is perfect if you travel by train. It is also very near to the downtown but... there is very little to see both in Lamezia and in Santa Eufemia (where the hotel is actually located) so, most likely, you will not leave the hotel for a walk or a visit to the town.

Rooms and bathrooms are large, clean and comfortable. In particular, the rooms on the back of the hotel are very quiet. Ask for one of them if you are concerned about the noise of the train station. The hall and the restaurant are large and clean. You may appreciate the hotel's interior design style or not but this is a matter of taste. From a functional point of view, it is comfortable and this is what most people wants from this kind of hotels.

The hotel's restaurant is quite unpretentious and food is not particularly good. Seat at the restaurant table if stay just one night and prefer not leaving the hotel. In any other case, take a taxi and go elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank alexbottoni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is located right in front of the train station... And 15 min. From the Lamezia Terme airport. As for the hotel it has a restaurant in the premises where we had gone for dinner ..as we enter the toom one if the waitets tells ys we haf to leave because it wad too early to serve dinner., it wad 7:15 .. dinner starts to be served at 8:00 like it or not...once the time came around about we enter around 8:30 ...were sested and had to wait a good half hour before we actually had a waiter come over. We give our menue and tells us that they were all out of what I had ordered .. My sister asks for a soup and shed told that you wore need to order that ahead of time. After all the going back and forth we finally get our food at 9:30 pm. one thing I can say that the food was excellent it was worth the wait.
So if you're going to stay at this place for an over night stay I recommend it. The rooms are very clean and spacious with a shower a flat screen tv , and king bed. The elevators are for 4 people with luggages very small.
Staff was very friendly and try to accommodate us .
Not bad for obe or two nights.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank benprov74
Rome
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I slept here one night and had dinner in the hotel restaurant twice. The hotel seems like something out of the Seventies, the rooms are not very big and most of all the rooms have very thin walls. I could here the guest in the room next door snoring all night.
The location is only useful if you have to stop in between trains, otherwise there's really nothing here and you have to get a taxi to get anywhere as the last bus is at 10 pm or sooner.
It was clean but toiletries were minimal (a bed & breakfast would be more accessorized).
Breakfast was good though (continental with ham, cheese, selfmade - you had to make it - orange juice, cornflakes, yogurt, some cakes and cornetti. Plus you could have as much tea as you wanted. There was also free wifi in all the hotel.
However, it was extremely overpriced as it was meant to be a 4 star hotel but was in fact a 3, not even superior, in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank giorgiararo

Travelers are raving about these Lamezia Terme hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed for 1 night at this hotel. For a stopover the hotel was fine, but it would suit business travelers better than tourists.

The hotel is situated across the road from the main train station and so was convenient for a stop over. The location, however, was dingy. For dinner we caught a train for a pleasant 15 minute ride to the center of the city. Next time I would stay in the center of town near the better restaurants and shops.

Our room was very large and clean. The décor was old and the room felt bare. The window overlooked the car park, but also out across the hills and to the distant ocean. The large bed was hard and I found it uncomfortable. The bathroom was very large and clean with a spa bath. Everything functioned well.

The service was very efficient. Before taking the room I asked to see the room (I always like to view the room before accepting it). Within 5 minutes there was a staff member to show me the room, and on my request the staff member showed me 2 other rooms. I was also shown (not at my request) the presidential suite!
The next day, my husband and I slept in and missed breakfast. No problem, the staff provided us free coffee and tea with pastries at the bar. After leaving the hotel, I discovered I had left my pajamas. Four days later we happened to be passing through Lamezia and so I stopped by the hotel to see if they had my pajamas (not really expecting them still to be there). Within 15 minutes a staff member had made two trips to their ‘lost and found’ (I hadn’t described the pajamas correctly the first time) and returned with my pajamas.

A good general tip about the area – avoid taking taxis because they will rip you off without a second thought (we had a very, very bad experience with a taxi outside of the railway station).

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2009

The hotel was ok just for a stop over but not for an extended stay. The hotel is right across the street from the Lamezia train station. It looks very pretty on the outside but is dated on the inside. The hotel was very clean, had a restaurant inside the hotel and a bar/convenience store on the outside. Breakfast was good - fresh crossiants, danishes, cereal and good cappucino.

We had a triple room and it was set up like an apartment. 2 seperate bedrooms sharing one common bathroom. The blow dryer was useless, the way it pumped out the air you had to hold it vertically to your head. And the shower was way too small. My husband dropped the soap & had to step out of the shower to get it. You could not bend over.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Ireland
Reviewed July 22, 2009

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible! Don't go there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Caroline3Ireland
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2006

Didn't stay here but it is right opposite the VERY busy train station, very noisy and looks very run down. Plaster is peeling off the walls outside and the shutters look shabby - no balconies.

Wouldn't want to stay here from the outside impression.

Stayed August 2006