“A very warm welcome and a lovely stay”

Achill Water's Edge
Ranked #7 of 27 Achill Island B&B and Inns
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“A very warm welcome and a lovely stay”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My best friend and I stayed at Water’s Edge for a couple of nights in mid September. We had a great time thanks to Sinead, the extremely friendly and welcoming owner of the B&B. Sinead made us feel at home, and gave us great insider tips of where to eat and where to go for evening events. She was very knowledgeable about the island itself and provided us with plenty of information about places to see.
Our room was nicely decorated, with a comfortable double bed and was very clean. A water pump (situated at the first floor) started every time we used water (opened the tap in the bathroom, flushed the toilet, ...); it was a bit noisy during the day, however it was always switched off in the evening, therefore during the night it was very quiet. Tea/coffee facilities were available in the dining room at the ground floor. There was a very good selection of food for breakfast and the full Irish breakfast was delicious (one of the best I have ever had!).
The B&B is located in a very nice and quiet area of the Island; and walks of different length can be done starting from the B&B.
Our experience at Water’s Edge was very positive and if we will be back to Achill we would definitely return to this B&B.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dictioca
islandlifeIreland, Owner at Achill Water's Edge, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. I appreciate it very much. I'm delighted you both enjoyed your stay and hope you make a trip here again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were to spend just one night on Achill Island and we wanted a really good B&B. After consulting Trip Advisor we decided on Water's Edge - we were not disappointed. The owner, Sinead, was just as friendly and as welcoming as we had expected. The room was spotlessly clean, as was the ensuite, and the bed was very comfortable so we had a great night's sleep. Sinead takes pride in doing her very best to make her guests comfortable and well looked after. She made us the best breakfast we had throughout our holiday. If we return to Achill Island, Water's Edge will be our first stop.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brenda H
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying a week in the wonderful 'Ocean View' in the Spectacular setting of Doogurt. The Accommodation was excellent. Modern and spacious on the inside (and spotlessly clean) quaint and characterful on the outside. It has all the mod cons, comforts and space to keep the kids happy after a day on the beach. The setting is perfect... only yards from the picture postcard beach; which lies at the bottom of a spectacular mountain which dominates the surroundings; and is very private..... not part of a holiday village. The owners were extremely friendly and helpful too. 10 out of 10.

• Liked — The cleanliness and space
  • Disliked — nothing to be honest
  • Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. It's very much appreciated.
Grand Cayman
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I would definately recommend this B&B!
It was clean, modern and very comfortable. Sinead the owner was very welcoming and makes a great breakfast.
I have stayed in various B&B's in Achill and this was by far the best. We had a see view -even in the bathroom! And our room was spotless and the bed very comfortable.
Achill is a great place to visit and I will certainly stay at Water's Edge next time.

2 Thank WhoDeeney
islandlifeIreland, Owner at Achill Water's Edge, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thanks a million for your kind comments and delighted that you consider my B&B the best you have stayed in on Achill Island - I really appreciate that. Hopefully, you will make it back for a visit again soon.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Sinead's warmth and attention to detail cultivates an extraordinary sense of well-being that makes for the perfect holiday experience. Her B&B is a new construction (2008) with modern amenities and a contemporary style in furnishings. Water's Edge is beautifully situated on the northern edge of the island. It is off the beaten track, a great place to relax. Sinead emailed us great directions and the signage made it simple to find her place. We walked to an uncrowded beach and to a historic estate that is now a hostel/pub to use the free internet. And her breakfast is hands down the best I've had in Ireland.

3 Thank janie99
I cannot thank you enough for writing such a kind review and I think your subject field sums up what I hope all my guests feel while staying here. I am constantly making small changes so that I can offer the very best experience for all of my guests. I am so delighted you enjoyed everything while you were here and I hope you can return again into the future.
CHICAGO
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is a great place, and a great host! Sinead's B&B overlooks (out front|) a lake, the ocean, and mountains. Out back. Klew Bay (ocean again) and more mountains. The rooms are clean and in great shape. Sinead's breakfasts are delicious, her advice and knowledge of the island priceless. We are coming back again!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, but all the rooms are great.
3 Thank tomdurk
I very much appreciate your kind comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed everything, including the views! It was a pleasure looking after you. I'm fortunate to have those views to wake up to everyday. Delighted that you are planning a return visit - don't leave it too long!
dublin
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Wonderful house and location. Warm welcome from Sinead. Room was spotless, spacious and very comfortable. Great nights sleep in this remote part of the island. Fabulous breakfast and lovely cup of tea arrival.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am delighted that you were happy with everything. The Valley is a beautifully scenic, unspoiled part of Achill Island. Beautiful lakes, picturesque walks, remote beaches can be enjoyed by our visitors and feel as though they have the place to themselves. Thank you again and I hope that you can visit again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Achill Island
#1 of 5 in Mulranny
Bleanaskill Lodge
Bleanaskill Lodge
#12 of 27 in Achill Island

Been to Achill Water's Edge? Share your experiences!