“it seems to me that they just started working...”
Review of Mare Blu

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gerakini
Mare Blu
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The hotel complex was at wery bad condition... the grass was yellow(and trees also), there is noone to ask for some information.
Breakfast was very poor and all the time(5 days) the same. There was no fresh milk!!!
Prices were to high for that kind of service and employis do not know any langwich exept russian(not even greek).
They dont give to us soap for the bathroom so I have to buy it at the store which was 3 km away...
we have impression that they just survived after big storm...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Nenad P

Reviewed July 2, 2012

It was very good, beach with sunbeds and bar on the beach, meal was ok and good hotel service for the value. Only negative side of the vacation were mosquitoes

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank 680Aleksandar680
Reviewed June 17, 2012

It's terrible. There are two buildings:one near the beach, and one near the pool. We stayed near the beach and we had to cross the road to go to the pool. At night the kids tookk a glass of juice and a employee said that i'ts only for all inclussive. Breakfast was very. They hadn't HONEY. They had a thing like honey that tasted very bad. Don't go.

11  Thank Theodore G
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We have spent only one night and should be there for 7 days.When we arrive at the hotel we figure out that everything which was offered by our agency was completely different.We have been payed for superior room and we got studio with 3 beds and one supplemental bad(unusable). When we complied about room, bad was changed with normal bed.
We can't park our car in vicinity of our room even that, there are a parking lot in front of our room.
About food:When I read review about this hotel I have been noticed that in one review was written that food is uneatable.I said to me: Common,how it's possible for food to be uneatable????But I was totally convinced(unfortunately with my own experience) that THE FOOD IS UNEATABLE.They don't wash the forks,spoons.... HORRIBLE

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank KateMacedonia
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed for a weekend with my family. The hotel is anti touristic and expensive. The breakfast has nothing to offer just empty plates. Flies all around and without service. I will never go there again. We have asked other people and they have said the same. Bad quality.

Room Tip: just dont go
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank SOTMIL
Reviewed July 25, 2011

On arrival at the hotel, we were met by rude receptionist who referred us to the beach hotel where our apartment was, but we were warned that the car must not be parked on the lower parking lot. No smile, no welcome.
Apatman was in mediocre condition, but the whole entire staff was totally unfit for work in tourism, without knowledge of foreign languages, even Greek, everyone is talking only Russian.

At our request, towels were changed every day, and it was about the most good will they showed.

The food was a different story and very sad story.
All the worst!

Breakfast consisted of a cheese plant and cheapest hams which could be acquired. Margarine instead of butter! Few boxes jam and stale bread.

Dinner consisted of the ugliest vegetable you can imagine, all cooked in unrecognizable mass. The meat was present only in the form of sausages and kebabs, disgusting with too many spices and soy, and not enough meat! Again, bread, stale!

The only bright spot of our stay at Mare Blu was that we had half board and we had lunch (pita gyro) bought in Gerakini, 2 kilometers away, but of course previously we have had to walk to take our car which was parked on the upper parking lot, located about 400 meters toughest climbs you can imagine!
The pool was OK, compared to everything else, except that the pool works until 8 pm in the evening, and we did not have a chance to have fun with a night swim.
And the nights was very long, without any sort of fun.

All in all I do not recommend this hotel to anyone!

12  Thank Pospana
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I went to the MareBlue hotel in Gerakini in July 2011 with my family.

I was given my beach rooms keys by the receptionist, he described me the way to my room, and nothing else...! I found the room by asking other guests around, no hotel workers assisted me in description of hotel services etc, as later I understood that there is no service in this hotel. I wanted to park my car inside the facility, but I was told by the restaurant waiter that parking inside the premises were forbidden, so that I could parky my car outside on the main road!!!

The food is horrible, we had to buy food from restaurants for all food-times, so dont be impressed when you hear "all inclusive" selling by the agencies... I couldn't believe the bad quality of the food and bad hygiene standards (all glasses and plates were dirty at all times)

The sea ground is muddy... and the sea is wavy most of the time.

Do know what is bothering the most; they dont care about how you feel in the hotel, they would never smile at you, they never asked me if I need anything etc, whatever I requested from the reception, I was simply rejected (not even in a polite way).

We originally paid for 7 days, but left earlier due to the awful standards. I will never go to this hotel again!

Room Tip: sea rooms 600 series
13  Thank aktasaytekin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gerakini
Martha's Haus Hotel
#1 of 1 in Trikorfo
Hotel Porfi Beach
Hotel Porfi Beach
#4 of 10 in Nikiti

Been to Mare Blu? Share your experiences!