Just returned on the 3 September 2013, the hotel was in need of a full redecoration and a lot of electrical repairs to sockets that were not in the wall but hanging of in places. The food was the most awful food I have ever had to try and eat with all meats being cooked in either tomato or lemon and all the vegetables seemed to have the same taste and every day this was the same with pasta bolognaise and potato wedges oh and spring rolls for the kids choice every day and when we complained about the food after a few days nothing changed, there is also advertised bar snacks and evening snacks which consist of small dry rolls with ham and cheese in them accompanied by spring rolls served at the pool bar in the afternoon and from 10 and 11 at night there was ham and cheese sandwiches half and wrapped in cling film which were on the first floor bar and there was only a small tray put out pur evening. The evening entertainment was the worst I have ever seen with a stage that looked more like an entrance to the toilets. We were there for 14 days and the entertainment consisted of a quiz, bingo, strong man
which was the guests competing for cocktails which are free any way oh and on Monday nights a man with a piano. The aqua park is not as the pictures show because the pictures online are of a large pool the 8 or 9 slides when infact it's a small mushroom with three slides next to a building site that's fenced of infact the pictures that are online must be from before the hotel was robbed and closed for 2 to 5 years because the canope to the right of the main entrance is not there any more just the frame plus the pay phones in side the entrance are not there either. Over all we didn't enjoy our stay at the hotel and would not recommend it to anyone with taste buds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Build on a hill with view to Ionian Sea our 4-star hotel has one of the most beautiful views in the island. Next to the sea, recently built (2008) and close to famous beaches of Myrtos and Xi, we offer you a great place to relax and enjoy Greek sea, sun and food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cyprotel Kefalonia Garden Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kefalonia Garden Village Hotel Lixouri
- Kefalonia Garden Village Lixouri
- Cyprotel Kefalonia Garden Village Cephalonia/Lixouri