See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Just came along this hotel on a long car trip. It is rated as three stars and quite rightly so. I slept in a single room which was pretty small, as one might expect: The bed was excellent, the basthroom small but efficient. Funny thing (mentioned in an earlier review) is the window in the separation wall between the bed and the bathroom. No privacy problems though, it is a single room :-)
I didn't like the restricted wifi access: you get one hour free through a public network, but if you want more you have to buy a 24-hour pass. Come on people: this ain't Las Vegas (sad but true, they let me pay through the nose there for Internet). Wifi should be FREE in places like this. If you have a laptop, bring your Ethernet cable, since my room at least was equipped with a router. Now how hard could it be to add a wireless access point ?
OK, enough gripes. The service was excellent, the restaurant was as you would expect in this part of Europe: German cuisine with lots of meat, sorry but very little fish.
Breakfast was plentyful and tasty.
Four stars, and recommended.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I have reviewed this hotel before and feel the need to chime in again and defend them against the previous poster who said they do not like Americans. As an American who has been staying here for years, I can say this is not true as a blanket statement. While the previous poster may have had a bad experience, it certainly wasn't because the Lehmeier family or staff as a group have a problem with Americans. We have actually found quite the opposite that the family members who speak English go out of their way to speak it to us. They also always ask us questions about our lives, homes, jobs, etc. over here and are genuinely interested. The staff may not speak English but I've never found any of them remotely rude. The German culture can at times be somewhat abrupt so perhaps that is jarring to someone visiting for the first time but Hotel Lehmeier is not a place that should be known for disliking Americans.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

facility is run down - at least in the old track. the room is clean and the bed itself not uncomfortable. internet connection ist not always running, connectivity is not that fast when ist works.
friendly stuff and broad self service breakfast buffet.

Date of stay: March 2014
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Great family run hotel in the center of Neumarkt. Comfortable and spacious rooms. Great breakfast, served in a dining room with feature stone arches. Indoor parking is available but only for a few cars. Ample parking space next to the city center. Very good quality/price ratio.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2013

During my last stay in this Hotel I was really confused and disappointed. When I was leaving this hotel at 6 o'clock in the morning, the old lady at reception was nearly shouting at me, because she was too busy cooking breakfast. "You should check out in the evening", she shouted to me. As she said it is unacceptable to leave so early! This was really unusual for me, taking into consideration that I travel quite often all over the world. Normally in such situation I should have called a Manager, but I was in a hurry going to the airport. Travel to the middle of nowhere give new experience:(

Date of stay: November 2013