“Good value for money - far better than expected”

Hotel & Hostel Hallbergerhof
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Hallbergmoos
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very welcoming host and good value for money. We paid around 40Euro incl breakfast. The room is freshly decorated and the room was clean. Free Internet and parking is available.

We arrived late at evening and were met by a friendly receptionist carrying our bags to the room. Though the choice of beer in the bar was rather poor, the wine selection was good, What could you possible expect from a hostel/hotel.

Breakfest was good with a selection of bread, cereals, coffee, juice and fruit.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

we want to thank the hole staff for the hospitality that they received us...we just loved this hotel, very friendly and helpfull staff specially the owner who helped us all the time with such a helpfull informations. he explained everything how the things work in the city. store, subway ...good restaurants...he gave us all the tips to have a great time in munich and we did...thank you very much mr michael kovacs.
antonio carlos borelli and simone from sao paulo brasil

Room Tip: choose a room with bathroom inside
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Although we never did get to stay at this hotel, I wanted to write about my experience with the owner/manager. I had requested a reservation through email for this hotel. On the day of our expected arrival our travel plan had to be changed due to unforeseeable circumstances. We don't have an international phone plan and due to the fact that we were in a car for 12 hours traveling (due to the travel change) I had no opportunity to call or email to cancel our email reservation. Upon arrival back to the USA I received a rather rude, accusitory and threatening email from Mr. Kovacs. He gave me 24 hours to pay the bill or he would have his lawyers sue me for the bill. Now I had no problem paying for the unused room (which I did) but my problem was with the threatening letter. I could understand if he sent me a letter and I didn't respond that he will feel the need to push further for payment, however, being so harsh in the first letter to me really turned me off. I am a flight attendant and have traveled all over the world and I was amazed at the hostility shown to me by Mr. Kovacs. I sent back an email apologizing for our no-show and explained our situation and assured him that I would (and did) pay for the room. I can assure you that I will never stay at this establishment, nor recommend it to others.

I will not let this situation tarnish my experience of Germany, for EVERYONE we met was very kind and helpful to us. Perhaps Mr. Kovacs will learn that in the future he needs to first give the benefit of the doubt before assuming the worst in people.

By the way, this hotel is also known as the Hotel Theresienhof (which is what is was called last week).

2  Thank K S
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Ok, so having previously worked in the UK hotel industry I know a fair bit about the good and bad sides of hotels and the signs that all that glitters sometimes isn't gold. Now, we booked this current hotel online having checked the previous reviews and to be fair, we were pleasantly surprised!
We arrived late but the hotel had made arrangements for that & getting to our room was straightforward.
A typical German hotel 10 minutes away from Munich airport we found our room to be very tidy & with all the amenities needed (word of caution though: a twin room does mean the beds will be on opposite sides of the room!)
Unlike other reviews we couldn't hear a lot from guests walking the corridors, possibly because we arrived on a Sunday night.
Still, decent nights sleep & then onto breakfast: decent selection of food & the hotel manager was really helpful with details of the nearest ATM & how to get around Munich.

All in 4/5 and the UK hotel industry could learn a thing or two from the German hotels- cleanliness; service & attitude.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Anonymousecriticke
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Spent a night here, nice and friendly staff, but hotel is overpriced at 79 € per night + breakfast (single room), as it's a quite noisy hotel, you can hear what everybody else is doing, and exsample you can clearly hear when somebody is passing you door. Madress is VERY hard, toilet is really old and needs updating. Food is cheap, but is only partly made at the hotel, I ordered a pasta dish and got standard cheap pasta from the supermarked together with a nice Bolognese. If it was a hostel at 40 € I would be OK.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank morten416
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Hallbergerhoff in Aug of 2012 at the end of a motorcycle trip in Europe. We found the Hotel,( near the Munich airport and 20 minute train ride to central Munich )immaculate with modern furnishings. Our room was the same and very comfortable. Michael, our host/proprietor, treated us like long lost friends and even gave us a ride into Munich. Although the restaurant was not open as of our visit,(Michael recommended one close by which we found very good) it appeared very well appointed, well lit, not cramped and also with modern furnishings. We would recommend this hotel to those singles/couples wishing to stay outside Munich but near to transportation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I wound up here having failed to plan better for an Oktoberfest reunion. It is super close to the airport, and around 40 minutes to the city center. There's a hostel part on the lower floor which is a *fantastic* deal; so fantastic that, at time of writing (Sept 30, 2012), it was booked through till year's end. The hotel bit is clean, comfortable, w/ free internet but you could probably do better price-wise, if, unlike me, you say, planned ahead (oops!). I was just glad to have a roof over my head, but (bonus round!) there's a few decent restaurants nearby, post, copy centre, supermarket thingy, etc. You *do* need to take a bus from the S-bahn (or walk around 4.0 km). The service I received was excellent. Especially considering my head was still on "Hawaii time", which is quite different than German custom. I also like that it is *out of the city* for this Canuck likes a bit of space. Bottom line: Good spot for business travellers, a layover from Munich airport, or just to have space to breathe. Or, if say, you didn't book a room for the largest party on earth and just needed somewhere to crash without having to worry about youngun's who can't handle their alcohol.

Room Tip: The *hostel* part (as opposed to the hotel part) looks to be a supremely awesome deal if you can boo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TheMach2Hippie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallbergmoos
Ibis Muenchen Airport Sued
Airport Regentpark Hotel
Airport Regentpark Hotel
#8 of 10 in Hallbergmoos
Hotel ibis budget Muenchen Airport Erding

Been to Hotel & Hostel Hallbergerhof? Share your experiences!