All reviews hotel regent alarm clock other hotels booked this hotel euro luggage convenience lodging
Selected filters
Reviewed October 31, 2018

Ten minutes from Munich airport, great price for room, shuttle and "early" breakfast for very early fliers. Check in is a breeze, front desk fixed my phone for free WIFI, gave me an alarm clock for waking me up in the morning, and the luggage was promptly picked up at 6:30 am for my 10 minute trip to the airport. Rooms are a bit outdated, but clean and bath towels were available Thank you all management and staff at Airport Regentpark/ Munich

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2018

I was a 50+ woman travelling alone to Palermo, Sicily to meet up with my adult son. My flight was scheduled for a brief layover in Munich, but due to a "security incident," the airport was closed and my flight - along with about 200 other flights - was cancelled, leaving me stranded overnight in Munich. I had no desire to sleep in the airport. A woman at the airport information desk on the arrivals level helped me find this local hotel. She made the phone call for me and had the hotel send its shuttle.

I was quoted 49 euros for the room and 5 euros each way for the shuttle.

At check-in, the front desk staff was friendly, helpful, and efficient.

My single-bed room was simple and clean (some dust). The room had an odd and rather useless "efficiency kitchen." The bathroom was clean and fairly spacious. Unfortunately, I was given a smoking room, but I did not think to ask for a non-smoking room since I am from the US and most US hotels do not permit smoking in their guest rooms. It had been a long journey; I was so exhausted that I did not care. All I wanted was to eat dinner, shower, and go to bed.

I ate dinner at the biergarten attached to the hotel. The German food was fine. I had chicken, mushrooms, spaetzle, and a beer. My meal came to about 20 euros. Everyone in the biergarten seemed to be enjoying themselves, and the servers worked hard to get everyone fed.

The breakfast was very, very basic: coffee, cereal, milk, juice. There were also small packages of cheese and sausage, but I did not eat them. I was under the impression that the breakfast was included with my room. If not, sorry Hotel Regent!!! Regardless, there was no one to pay at 5:30 am.

The morning shuttle service left on time.

The place is somewhat "low tech." You get an actual room key.

I did not use the wifi or turn on the television.

If I ever had another layover in Munich, I would consider staying here again. If you are ever stranded in Munich overnight, the hotel is a reasonable choice: not expensive, reliable shuttle, close to airport, and for those travellers with very early flights, breakfast is served starting at 2:30 am!!!

Note: Some of the photos on the hotel's web-site are out-of-date. The lobby does not look like that at all.

Room tip: Some first floor rooms have an outdoor seating area (facing the parking lot)
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel due to it being close to the airport and near a music festival we were attending. It’s very easy to get to and from Munich though.

This hotel is right near the airport and the shuttle service was very nice, clean and quick.

We decided to give their breakfast a try, but wasn’t really for us. It’s not a bad breakfast, but just limited options and the eggs had something added that made them taste funny (I’m a little overly sensitive to taste though, so that’s more my hangup that the hotel). We had originally told them breakfast for both the days we were there, but decided to only go one day. I was worried they’d be funny about it, but when I went to check out they didn’t even question us when we told them we decided not to eat there the second day.

The room was clean and well kept, like most German hotels, there was no A/C and we were on the top floor, so it was a bit warm, but keeping the window open when it wasn’t raining too much helped a lot.

If you’re staying for a prolonged period in Munich, then this hotel might be a little out of the way, but coming here the night before or after a flight I would definitely do again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2018

There is nothing like a warm greeting to make you feel welcome. Unfortunately the staff was as cold as the weather outside. The original house is charming, but the rest of the property is not. We arrived at 1:30pm on a Saturday and it was a ghost town. Nothing was opened, including their restaurant. The only way I can describe the room is Sterile! It had a kitchenette with a non-functional microwave, stove and no coffee pot. Our flight in the morning was leaving early, therefore unable to have breakfast, I asked to purchase a coffee to go and I was told that was not possible, only available if we had breakfast. Unheard of!
We made arrangements for the shuttle service to the airport, (9Euros) and asked to be dropped off at American Airlines. The driver dropped us off at Lufthansa which is in a different terminal than American. We had to walk a long distance with our bags to the next terminal.
We only stayed there one night, a never ending night. Brochure in hotel room guaranteed CNN and CNBC, NOT!
I do not recommend this hotel, even if only for one night.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

My worse travel experience ever. Arrived at hotel and got a room. Hours later, a staff member saw I was carrying an infant. He said our room was not able to accommodate the infant and asked us to leave. I did not leave because they said room is nonrefundable; hotel called police to remove us. They literally called the police to remove somebody because they had a 5 month old in the room. I’ve been here for just over 2 months and this is the only time this has happened. I just wanted to get my money back and leave or they could keep my money and stay but these greedy cuss words wanted to keep my money and kick my out, over a 5 month old! Expedia later gave me a partial refund.

Date of stay: June 2018