“Great stay”

Movenpick Hotel Munchen Airport
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Hallbergmoos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had a layover in Munich and decided to try this hotel. It was great value - I chose the one of the hotel offers which included breakfast and free transport to and from the airport. I only had to wait for about 15 mins for the shuttle to the hotel and it was fairly easy to figure out where to wait - the woman who drove was very jolly and insisted on helping me with my bags - it took about 20 mins or so to get to the hotel because we went to the other pick up points at the other terminals; the return journey was only about 10 mins since we went directly to Terminal. The room was modern and well appointed and the bed was very comfortable. I was very impressed with the offer of choosing my own pillow from feather to various kinds of grain filled! Couldn't seem to get the room warm enough- it was cold and snowy when I was there at the beginning of March, but plenty of hot water so a hot bath before bed made me toasty and not testy!! Speaking of testy, breakfast was great but the main server/restaurant manager seemed to be in a really bad mood and was snapping @ younger staff (obviously in training) which wasn't pleasant. However that was the only thing that marred a great stay at a great airport hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank emmaslippers
R P, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Munchen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear emmaslippers

Thank you very much for your stay at our Mövenpick Hotel München-Airport and your comment on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy to note that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that we met your expectation. We will share your comment with our entire employee team and our Quality Circle.

We are happily looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Movenpick Hotel Munchen Airport

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

This Hotel was fantastic! The staff were attentive and friendly and the rooms are well appointed and a great value. The ride from the hotel parking lot to the rental car return at the airport was literally less than 10 minutes. The hotel restaurant although a little pricey, also served a great dinner menu. I would stay here again; definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank N_Quiles

Dear NoryQ23

We are very happy to note that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that we exceed your expectation. We will share your comment with our employee team and our Quality Circle.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My flight was cancelled so they put me in Moevenpick hotel for a night. Came there past 23h when kitchen was already closed but still they made me dinner. Room was cozy, modern and clean. Breakfast was superb!!! best breakfast ever in a hotel.
Definitely a recommendation

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear KresimirV

Thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor after your unplanned stay in our Mövenpick Hotel München-Airport.

Your remarks regarding the dinner will be forwarded to our kitchen and restaurant staff as well as our Quality Circle.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had an overnight layover, and decided to get some sleep. This place is very very convenient to the airport, very comfortable, and ... well things just WORK in Germany. The staff were accommodating, the pillows were fluffy and the breakfast was generous.

I don't know if we got a deal or not ... I cajoled Lufthansa into making the res for me and was charged 109 euros. We were tired, so I didn't question. Free shuttle to and from the airport, and breakfast is included.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
R P, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Munchen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear abauman

We are very happy to note that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and will share your comment with our whole employee team.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

A good venue for a business meeting being only 10 mins by car from Terminal Building. Rooms are modern, clean and well equipped with Fridge with usual range of drinks and snacks, a Kettle with Tea/Coffee, modern flat screen TV etc. Meeting room was well laid out with appropriate LED display for media presentations with a refreshment station outside the room. Buffet lunch was well presented in the restauranr with a good selection of hot and cold items. Would recommend this hotel for its location and facilities with the added benefit of minimal delays at Airport security as might be expected from a smaller airport.

Room Tip: No tips to add.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jmbb2
R P, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Munchen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear jmbb2

We will forward your comment especially to our conference team and will share it as well with all our employees and our Quality Circle.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

After staying in Augsburg for 6 days, I then travelled to Munich where I arrived at the Movenpick on Jan. 25th, 2013 around 6pm that afternoon. Room was ready when I arrived. Check-in was speedy. Very nice hotel and the front desk spoke very good English and were very helpful.
I stayed on the 1st floor right outside the hotel's dining area.
The room was very spacious...king size bed and very comfortable. Lots of room...probably more room than I needed traveling by myself but I won't complain.
Very eco-friendly hotel! The only complaint I have is that I could never get the room warm enough...I froze to death the two days I stayed there. One night I climbed in bed with all my clothes on, hat and scarf..lol
The breakfast was EXCELLENT. So much to choose from. Had dinner there both nights and it was great as well.
I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it for anyone traveling and need to stay near the Munich airport.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
R P, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Munchen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear naturallyme76

We will forward your comment especially to our kitchen and restaurant staff and will share it with our whole employee team and our Quality Circle.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Nice design, with fresh colours
Good amenities
Far from the actual airport, despite the shuttle bus (normally 8 Euros per person per ride). It was a nice stay but I would rather book the Kempinski or the Novotel if I was on a short layover.

Check in process went smoothly, without waiting time. Seemed plenty of other passengers had been affected by the weather that day and were stranded in MUC. The clerk was therefore working hard, preparing all room keys.

Our King room was very well appointed with nice colours and plenty of space to move around. The bathroom was also very nice. They even had a Ducky :)

Breakfast was quite good, with plenty of choices. Exactly what one would expect from a decent hotel, nothing less, nothing more.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
R P, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Munchen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear jamesbond_ppk

Regional Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallbergmoos
Hilton Munich Airport
NH Muenchen Airport
NH Muenchen Airport
#1 of 4 in Schwaig
Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport

Been to Movenpick Hotel Munchen Airport? Share your experiences!