Hotel Schwan
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Weisses Rossel(Wertheim)
  • Restaurant
All reviewslovely terracemedieval townstayed heregatebusiness
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed overnight as a member of a group of bicycle tourists. We had difficulties with the booking-for some reason the hotel was unable to confirm via email, but eventually managed to send a fax. They have no real reception area, which may explain this minor mishap.
The hotel has an excellent location, probably a bit difficult to reach if you happen to come by car, as the entrance is in a pedestrian area, but for us bikers, that was not an issue. The hotel caters for bike tourists, and has its own parking garage where the bikes are safe overnight.
The hotel has an old and a modern part, which explains the very variable appreciation of the rooms here on tripadvisor. We booked two junior suites in the modern part of the hotel, and found them stylish, modern, clean and huge. The bathrooms come close to some I have seen in 5 star properties.
We also ate at their restaurant, as we had chosen half board, and were very satisfied with the meal and the overall dining experience. The breakfast was just average, though.
The hotel made a billing error, which I discovered too late and which was too insignificant to complain - they were 1 Euro off in the addition. I suspect they do the receipts manually without the help of a computer (as I said, no dedicated reception area), but that did not spoil our stay. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: I think it is worthwhile to pay a little more for the modern rooms. Go for the suite if you can.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed in this nice little hotel in beautiful Wertheim am Main on our way to Bamberg. Very clean and pleasant. A good value for this touristy area and the price included breakfast. Bathroom was very functional, modern and clean. Staff was courteous and helpful. We walked all over town from this location. Parking was fairly close so we did not have to haul bags a great distance. Nice patio for having a drink and watching people.

Room Tip: Front room overlook Main, there is some noise from traffic, but subsides in the evening. You can hear the pleasant conversation from the patio in the evening, but it closes fairly early.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I've stayed here many times and between the junior suites and executive suites (not much price difference from regular rooms) it's one of the few hotels that have nice size rooms, big bathrooms and a good selection of TV's stations. The restaurant is fabulous with a wide variety of inexpensive and huge value for price meals. Basic German and fancy cooking on one menu. The staff is great and always someone here that speak great English. I have been to four other hotels and in my 4 visits a year hear for business, this has become my home!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Great hotel. It has been refurbished since my last stay and it has made a big difference. The room I had was modern, stylish and very comfortable. The restaurant serves fantastic food all cooked to order and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Looking forward to staying again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very nice well decorated and clean hotel with helpful staff. Food in restaurant is amazing (especially the duck) full of seasonal gourmet dishes. Great location and views!
The restaurant and hotel rooms look super new and the "smokers Lounge" was awesome!
We´ll def. come again soon!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends